wwwwwwwwwwwwwhats up everyone!!!! Is that intro a little too enthusiastic? I don’t really like it… I’ll try something else next time. This post is going to be a pretty exciting post. Most of our class just went to DI provincials. I say ‘most’ because a few of us couldn’t make it because of prior commitments. I was one of those people. If you haven’t already (hopefully you have), go read my DI regionals post right now. What’re you waiting for? Hopefully if your reading this you have read my regionals post. If you would like to know what DI is CLICK HERE. In a nutshell I thought DI was a great experience and it has definitely gotten me better at creative and critical thinking, collaboration and idea generation. Even though I didn’t go to D.I provincials, I still enjoyed the preparation time with my team and I’m glad that I was also able to present during regionals. I love what Destination Imagination is doing and I’m happy that so many people around the world participate in it.

I bet all of you are asking the same question right now. What were your “prior commitments” that were so important that you couldn’t make it to DI?… Hockey. To be more specific hockey tryouts. I’ve been playing hockey since I was 4. Currently I’m 14, so I guess that means it’s my 10th anniversary of playing hockey. I obviously love hockey and I’m very determined to become a high level hockey player. I love hockey because it is a very high intensity game where everyone on the other team is trying to hammer you flat on the ice well your skating on a 3 mm blade. The game of hockey is very intense and requires you to be alert at all times. Each shift you have to give it 110%. For me, everything about hockey is worth dying for. The aspect of the game is so simple, yet you have to perfect every little thing to be half decent. Hockey is my life and I love showing up to the ice unaware of what the outcome will be or the plays that will happen. I’ve been working hard at hockey my whole life and I always want to get better. If you still want to have a straight up answer of why I chose to go to Delta hockey tryouts then I’ll give you an answer. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” – Wayne Gretzky (the best hockey player of all time).

The Delta hockey tryouts were one of those shots I had to take. It was an opportunity to be evaluated by the best in the country well playing against some of the best in the country. It was also a tryout, so it was important for me to see if I could make the top team or not. They haven’t gotten back to us about what team we made it on to yet, but I think I had a very good tryout. There were tryouts throughout the whole weekend and I ended up having 3.5 hours of hockey the day of DI. That’s why I couldn’t make it. It was very fun going against some of the best in hockey my age and I learned lots throughout the weekend. For a nice cheesy ending I’m going to say this. Everyone out there, pursue your dreams and never give up, don’t let anyone stand in your way.

Until next time… Aedan Loughran