WhatsUpEveryoneWhoReadsMyAmazingPostsOnThisAmazingBlog!!!!!IHopeYouAreHavingAGreatDayAndIHopeThatICanMakeItEvenBetter!!!!!

IT’S THE RENAISSANCE!!!!!!

This is yet another project we did with our teacher Mrs Willemse in Humanities. It is sort of a continuation of the last project on Feudalism called ‘A stitch in time’. We learned about the Renaissance throughout this project in three different groups. The change of Ideas, the spread of ideas, and the impact of ideas. At the end we had to make a triptych based on what we learned in those three categories. So without further to do, let’s get into the project.

The change of ideas

So, first off we learnt about the change of ideas. This was the change from Feudalism to the Renaissance. We learnt about lots of changes that happened with the thinkers, artists, scientists, and mathematicians. After learning about the different changes we got to choose to research one thinker, one artist, and one scientist or mathematician from the Renaissance. After choosing them we had to create a detailed triple Venn Diagram about what all three of them did and changed during their days. I was really proud about how mine turned out. It took a while, but it was a great way to really understand what the different people brought to the Renaissance. The thinker I chose was Poliziano. The artist I chose was Filippo Lippi. The mathematician I chose was James Gregory. Here’s my Venn Diagram.

The spread of ideas

After learning about the change of ideas we had to learn about how these new ideas spread. For this part of the learning we created a flower blossom showing some of the causes for the spread of ideas. Instead of explaining all of them to you, you can just look at mine bellow. It explains the spread of ideas very well.

The impacts of ideas

After learning all about the change of ideas and the spread of ideas we had to learn about the end product, the affect of these ideas. What did these ideas actually change? I can answer that perfectly with a sheet we had to do. Look at that bellow to find out what I learned about the impacts of these ideas on our modern western worldview.

The big project

After all the background knowledge we needed it was time for the big project. The triptych. A triptych is a type of drawing where you have three sides that are separated as different pictures, but come together as one picture as well. It’s sort of hard to explain…. I’ve got an idea!

Get it now? So we had to make a triptych about what we learned about the ideas during the Renaissance. The left side had to be the change of ideas, the right had to be the spread of ideas, and the centre had to be the impact of ideas. For my triptych I wanted to use three roads that all came from the past right into the present day together. Down each road would show how it came into our present day. The farther back on the road would be the farther in the past. Here’s my triptych.

The left side is showing how humanism started to take a big role in the Renaissance and now our present day. The right side is showing how the printing press made it easier to share your ideas to the world and how different inventions keep making it easier in the present day. The middle one is showing how people started to have equality and be more friendly to each other like they still do to this day and an easy way to show that in the present is a handshake. The handshake also ties the outer two into the middle panel. I’m really proud of how my triptych turned out and I really enjoyed the (end of this) project. Once again thanks for tuning in to read my post.

Until next time… Aedan Loughran