All Aboard the Religion Train

Recently our class has done a lot of field trips revolving around religion. We have been learning a lot about the worldview’s of these religions and how it affects them in the real world. We went to many mosques, churches, and temples where we listened to religious people talk about history and there beliefs. It was a great experience learning about all of the different and unique religions.

Our first stop was the “Highway to Heaven” in Richmond. It included many eastern religion temples such as a Tibetan Buddhist Temple, a Hindu Temple and a Sikh temple. There we learned about these asian based religions worldview and beliefs about other cultures. I found the Buddhist temple the most interesting because of the religions background, beliefs and architecture. Another connection is that my grandparents are Buddhists as well.

Pictures Taken at the Three “Eastern Religious” Sights

image

image

image

image

The next field trip I was in Seattle, so I was dissapointed I didn’t see the Jewish Synagouge, but thankfully I went on the last field trip, to see a Christian Church and a Muslim Mosque. The church, named St. Andrews, was like any other church, with surrounding paintings on windows and crosses. The mosque was very interesting. We got to learn about how Muslims pray and also the process of how, where and when they pray. It was also exciting to learn about the background of Islam.

Photos N/A

It was a great experience to not only learn, but to experience these religions in the real world. I had fun asking questions and taking photos of these religious sights.