The Super Hero Unit

Science class has always been fun and interesting, and this is one of the most interesting units yet. In science, we are learning about elements and the periodic table. In this unit we are learning about how atoms work and what happens to them. We are not only learning about atoms, but we are creating a superhero that is made up of certain elements. We were assigned groups by “President Simon” and we are now halfway through the project.

My group, made up of Alex, Willa, Ruby and myself all chose to choose the element bromine, a chemical element that evaporates at room temperature. Once we found our element, we began creating a badge and a periodic table. We all worked on the periodic table and badge, although I am not very artistic, and we all worked on the worksheets, which were supposed to be done in class.

The periodic table we created shows all the elements and families of the elements, it took a long time to create.

img_2795

Our Periodic Table Almost Complete

our next task was to create an atom of our element. Since our element is atomic number 35, we had to de 35 different protons and electrons to our atom. The process of making t atom wasn’t to bad, but the creation was hard and frustrating.

Thats is all for now on this project, an updated version of our completion of this project should be out by the end of the month. Thanks for tuning in -Aiden