What is Wonder?

Recently in class, we have been working on wonder and how it works.

Definition: feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.

Here are some recent notes and paragraphs.

Down the Rabbit Hole

I have been lying in my hole, in the ground for a long, long time. I have been waiting for this since the day I discovered the outside world? It was finally time to leave the concealed cave and explore the earths outer crust, baby blue skies and grass that hasn’t been touched. My parents dug out the hole, and I was finally free, free of the gloomy and nightmarish cave that I called home. I first looked out to see the beautiful skies, skies that had colours I haven’t seen of before. The bright sun glared at me as I pranced out of the hole in the ground. Once I looked down, I noticed the grass, the flowers, and this dazzling tree. It was so noticeable that I could even see it once the clouds rolled over the surface. I roamed over to the tree, it was tall, very tall. I feel like it could have picked me up it looked so life like. I rested my paws on the tree and felt life sprouting into my body. It was an unforgettable experience. Everyday I come back to this tree, and rest my head against it. It was like a friend, a family member. I will always look back.

This is my Paragraph about my Experience with Wonder

It was a dark, star lit night. I was looking up at the dazzling and bright stars that lit up the dark, pitch black sky. I was wondering, was there actually life outside of our solar system? I thought about this for as long as I could. The sky felt empty, like the possibilities were limitless. Then I saw a light twinkle in the sky. I imagined it was another planet, like mars or Jupiter, but I couldn’t tell. There were so many stars I could not count. The sky felt deserted, abandoned, and blank, but I knew there was still a possibility.