Who’s at my Table

Most people have role models in life. Some people have lots of role models, others don’t, like myself. But I have come up with five people that I either look up to or am inspired by. This assignment let us compile five role models who we would have at our table. The people at our tables are indivudals that we look up to. The point of this assignment was to see what people in today’s society you would like to see at your table. These are the five that I chose.

Jimmy’s NBA Stats

One of my role models in life is Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler is a basketball player who plays for the Chicago Bulls in the National Basketball Association. The story of Jimmy Butler is one I look up to for many reasons. When he was only thirteen, he was thrown out of his home and forced to live on the streets. He then moved in with a local family and was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the NBA Draft. People told him he wasn’t good enough. He didn’t have the experience some of these other players had. That is when he worked, day in day out, to prove those doubters wrong. From homeless to NBA All-Star, the story of Jimmy Butler is one of my many inspirations that I look at in life, showing people they can start wherever, whenever and still achieve their dreams.

My parents were one of my first role models in my life. From being a child just learning to walk and speak, to now in high school, they have always been there for me. They have taught me the right from wrong. My parents have taught me what respect is and have transformed my attitude throughout the years. They are always by my side, even when my side might be the wrong one. I look up to them because of their honesty.

https://www.gatesnotes.com

Most role models aren’t as wealthy as bill gates, but that’s why he is such an excellent role model. He is the co-founder of Microsoft, one of the most successful companies in the world. He has also started his new foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The foundation raises money for people who need supplies for basic living, and is raising millions of dollars every year. Gates is supposedly worth around seventy billion dollars, making him the richest man in the world. His net worth is why I think of him as a role model. Nobody will ever reach the wealth he has, but it’s fun to think about. I read his articles, maybe even take a few quotes here and there. Bill gates is an amazing man, and is somebody I can look up too.

Larry’s NFL Stats
Most people aren’t always like Larry Fitzgerald. Larry is a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League. In his ten years in the league, he has broken a numerous amount of records, and that could be because of his work ethic. Known as the man who never gives up. The man who is first in, first out, Larry Fitzgerald’s work ethic is something special. You can’t find anyone else in the league who works that hard. He also donates most of his salary to charity and kids hospitals, hoping that he can make kids dreams come true. I look up to Larry because he reminds me that working hard does pay off. The work he does on and off the field inspires me to be great and to put one hundred percent, all the time.

Michael’s Legendary Stats
Known as the greatest player of all time. Maybe even the greatest athlete, Michael Jordan. Jordan was an NBA superstar for the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards of the NBA. He has broken many records and is regarded as the most complete basketball player ever, winning six NBA titles. His skill level ranged from his super high vertical, to his mid range shot, where he sank almost every basket. Michael Jordan was so successful because of his leadership skills. He taught his players what to do. He taught his teammates how to prepare for different teams. I look up to him because he shows leadership like I would like to do in the future. His leadership skills and determination makes him the perfect role model for me.