Making Math Monsters

One of the units we are learning in science is ecosystems. Our grade nine class is learning about the different organisms and environments animals and plants live in as well as natural and man-made phenomenons that have to do with the earths atmosphere like greenhouse gases, global warming and much more. One of the projects that we are doing is called the frankenstuffies, where we built our own heroes to fend off against these monsters we created.

Everyone in our class was assigned many papers and assignments, just so we can improve our skills so it makes it easier when we actually make the dimensions of our monster. Eventually, we all were ready to start measuring our monsters. I decided to make my monster a robot, as it themed my story very well, you can read more about my frankenstuffie story below.

Math + Ecology = Frankenstuffie

I created a head, a body, two arms and legs and a few other accessories. I created the body and head out of used tissue boxes and the arms and legs out of used toilet paper rolls. I then wrapped it around with duct tape to add the metallic look to my robot. Afterwards, I added a laser cannon to the top, and a few lego pieces to add a more dangerous side to my robot.

Here is my final monster –