How to Work Light

Recently our class worked on a project, a project on light. The main idea was to create a visual display on how to represent light. This project involved a lot of creativity and time, and it was probably one of my favourite projects. Now let’s talk about it.

image

For this project, we had to display the different properties of light, including symmetry, reflection and many others. These properties is what creates light. My project includes many of these properties to create my light box. The box displays light shining through a flashlight, off a mirror and into a moon, where it shows opacity. The light shines on the moon, shining up the night sky of the city. With the mirror, the light reflects off, causing reflection, another property of light. The light travels, projecting on to the mirror and on to the city, where it shows “How the Raven Stole the Light.”

image

I created my box using a variety of different materials, I started with a cardboard box, and from there, worked on my mirror and my flashlight, taping them up inside my box. I then started to create Lego figures which would act as nature. Eventually, I added a brown cloth to add a more natural look. I finally ended up with my finished project.

IMG_ 2037

Overall, this project was splendid. It was a really good way to end off the science curriculum. Bye for now!