Navig8 Was Navigr8 (End of the Year SLC)

Welcome to my SLC Blog Post. This is what I will be presenting on during my SLC on Thursday June 23. Enjoy

image

Let’s begin by talking about my work. This was my first year at Seycove, and it was very enjoyable. I loved meeting new people and teachers as well as interacting with them for the first time. At the start of the year, we focused on lots of individual work, but as time passed, we began branching out, doing group work and activities. Many of us were excited about one thing in particular, Oregon. Oregon was the first trip we took as a class and it was so much fun. Most of our class hadn’t really known each other, and it was great being with them as a group. Doing work with them was a struggle at first, but as we started to learn our strengths and weaknesses, it began an era of fun and adventurous times.

image

Term two was the year we took part in DI. Destination Imagination was exciting, yet disappointing in my opinion. The idea was great, I loved how innovative it was, but there were way to many rules to follow and the place it was held looked like a prison. In the end, it was really amusing and entertaining.

image

Term three was the final term, and the start of the Renaissance. We Learned a lot about how Europe was formed and how it takes part in our society today. We learned about the gifts the Europeans brought to our world, and the negative results of what they brought. It was a really great unit and it was very interesting learning about our world and exploration.

image

Now that you know the main topics we learned about this year, lets move on to some of the work I produced. I will first be talking about work I feel most proud of. Work ethic this year was very straight forward, work hard and be creative. This year I feel that most of my work I feel proud of and would definitely show to other people and present it. One example of work is the Renaissance unit. I put a lot of effort into our exhibit and I feel it was really well done. Our group worked really well and overall the unit was fun to learn. The work I produced definitely shows effort and I feel very proud of it. Another example is my blue sky projects. Although they weren’t the craziest ideas, I feel I definitely showed effort throughout both of the blue sky units this year. I think I accomplished my goals throughout blue sky because of my work ethic. I concentrated on being creative and not point form, boring projects. The exhibitions in December and June were both very  thrilling and I am really looking forward to the ones next year.

imageimage

We did a lot of work this year, and most of it was pretty action-packed. From working on iMovies to drawing out scenes, it was definitely a great experience. Although I feel most of my work I put a lot of effort in to, I still believe that some of my work could be improved on. Some recent examples include Destination Imagination and my Scimathics projects. For Destination Imagination, I could’ve done much more than I did originally. I had the materials role, and although it wasn’t as innovative as some of the others, I feel I could’ve done much more to help my group. While we worked on our project, it started to fall apart, due to the fact of the rules and I think most of us got really lazy and bored. I’m not saying Destination Imagination sucked, but I definitely feel I could’ve contributed a lot more. I could have helped by leading, gaining information and overall helping my group with tasks. Another project I feel I could have worked harder on is my Scimathics project. For this project we had to show how light works and it’s properties. Unfortunately, I didn’t work as hard as I could’ve. I didn’t show all of the properties, and I left it last out of our three final projects, the others being the Museum and Blue Sky projects. I could have worked harder by bringing my materials ahead of time and planning ahead. The moral of the story is I had a couple of pieces of work that I needed to revise.

image

Now I will talk about my goals of the year. Have I surpassed? Have I fallen behind? We will now take a look. In my last SLC, one of my goals was to work harder and focus on achieving this goal and not causing attention. I feel this term I did just that. I behaved reasonably well and focused harder. Hopefully it pays off.

image

Thanks for listening. Bye for now!