The NFL Dilema

The NFL season ended almost a month ago, and since there is no football to watch, I have decided to talk about it on my blog. The National Football League is an american football league consisting of thirty-two teams all across the United States. It lasts for around five months and includes the playoffs and a national championship called the “Super Bowl.”

Atlanta Falcons Team Logo

My favourite team in the NFL is the Atlanta Falcons. I became a fan of them at the beginning of grade eight and have been a fan since. This year was my second year of being a fan of the team. Historically, the Falcons have not performed very well, and the team has not found much success in the past. The year started off with the team with four wins and three losses, but ended the season with eleven wins and just five losses, making the playoffs. The NFL playoffs has twelve teams that all compete for the “Super Bowl.” The Falcons had a bye week to start off, which means they skip the first round. Coming off a five win streak, the Falcons played the Seattle Seahawks in the second round of the playoffs. The game was a close one up until the half, where the Falcons then proceeded to score on almost every drive, ending the Seahawks season to a score of 36-20. The next game had Green Bay Packers playing in Atlanta to ultimately decide who will go to the Super Bowl. The game was hyped up to be one for the ages, with a red hot quarterback in Aaron Rodgers facing off against the superb Atlanta offense. The game wasn’t what people expected, and the Falcons cruised past the Packers by a score of 44-21, and for the first time in almost twenty years, the Atlanta Falcons were headed to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl 51 Custom Art

The Super Bowl had the proven New England Patriots play the underdog Atlanta Falcons in a game that should be one for the ages. When the Super Bowl was played, I was in Florida, but I still listened to the radio and ended up watching highlights when I got back from an awesome day at Universal Studios. Find my post on Florida here. The game started, and off the Falcons went, scoring three touchdowns in the first half leading the game at halftime to a score of 21-3.

After Lady Gaga performed, the second half comenced and the Falcons scored a touchdown making the game 28-3. At this point, im in the car driving to dinner, and I was feeling very confident in my team, but I knew the Patriots weren’t gonna have it that easy. The Patriots then started a comeback, scoring a touchdown, but missing the extra point, making the game 28-9 at the start of the fourth quarter.

In order for the Patriots to win, they would have to score a field goal, two touchdowns and two two point conversionswhich is very hard to do. A two point conversion is when a team scores a touchdown, they can try for two points instead of one by taking the ball across the goal line in just one try. Anyways, the Patriots kept scoring, scoring a field goal, touchdown, and then another touchdown with just a minute left in the game, making the game tied at the end of regulation with a score of 28-28.

This was the first overtime game in Championship history, but it wasn’t an exciting one, as the New England Patriots got to the Atlanta end zone and won the game just four minutes into overtime. The final score of the game was New England 34, Atlanta 28. Overall, I am very dissapointed with the game, as Atlanta had a twenty five point lead by the end of the third quarter. It was a sad day for me and the rest of Falcons fans around North America, as well as Patriots haters around the nation. I am also very proud of my team, making it past some of the best teams in the league to get to where they got, but there is still next year.

So this concludes my post on the NFL Season. Thanks for tuning in, bye for now!