Return of the Ewoks

During the month of December we did a pretty fun project all about Star Wars. We started out with coming up with a driving question that would fuel our projects. Mine was “How do Ewoks survive on Endor?” We also had to fill out a sheet that described our project and what we were going to learn through this project.

That page was pretty easy to do because I had a pretty solid idea in my mind of what I wanted to do. After filling out that page we started to work on our projects. At first I started to work on one of my slideshows. That slideshow was a bit of a support to the other things in my project, it included some of the tools Ewoks use to thrive in their environment.

When I completed that, I started construction of the other part of my project. It was an Ewok village!! I know pretty amazing right? Well that village took a very long time to construct and some nights I stayed up till ten o’clock just working on it.

Then with all of my project basically done it was time for the exhibition. Everyone apart of the PLP program was assigned a planet group that they were to present with. Mine just happened to be Endor. We then as a group had to plan what our presenting area was going to look like and what our food item was going to be and also what our game was. We also assigned everyone jobs to do, like make the food or bring in materials to make our game and stuff like that. My job was to bring in a couple things for people’s costumes and also bring in bean bags for our game. Before I say anything else I should probably tell you what our food and game was. Well the food was called stormtrooper marshmallows and our game was called feed the Ewoks. Which was a bean bag toss where you had to get a bean bag through an Ewoks mouth. No Ewoks were harmed in the making of that game in case you were wondering. We also had to wear costumes. Mine was a Jedi. It was actually pretty good for being made the night before the exhibition. Enough about preparing for the exhibition you probably want to hear about how the exhibition went right? Well, it was a lot of fun especially because it was my first PLP exhibition that I have participated in. It was really great to see how all of the plant groups created there area and also some of the projects were pretty cool like there was one all about creating lightsabers and there was also a couple of people that delved into the CG that was used in the movies. I must say though it was very hectic setting up everything before we opened the doors, everyone was very stressed about getting it all done in time. Luckily everything worked out in the end and it was a very successful exhibition. Here is a picture of my area during the exhibition. My project is the one in the middle of the image.

image