School Life

December, the month where there are tons of projects and everyone wants a break.

I am no exception. School wise, in December we have four projects on the go with the Performance Learning Program (PLP). My favourite is the Harry Potter Blue Sky project. We had to make an inquiry question that related to Harry Potter and mine was “How can I re-design a broom to be more aerodynamic and overall faster than the firebolt broom which is currently the fastest broom?” So, I ended up making my re-designed broom as well as a wind tunnel to test it in.

img_0984

Outside of school I have a couple of passions and hobbies. In December nothing too major happens except the wrap-up of sport clinics and the management of the Scout Christmas Tree lot.

img_2659

I am apart of the local scouting group and I have been since I was five. The thing that I most enjoyed about it, is all of the knowledge of the wilderness that I have been given.

Every December we have a Christmas tree lot at Parkgate Shopping Center. The majority of the proceeds go towards our group and most of it goes towards our camps. Each person has to sign up for two shifts that last two hours each. The one thing that I love about the tree lot is being able to see familiar faces coming into the tree lot especially people I haven’t seen for a while. The one thing I hate about working at the tree lot is the cold. You can’t escape it and it sucks but other than that it is kinda fun.

The two sports I am heavily involved in is Ultimate frisbee and baseball, I also play squash on the side. In December when I have no sports going on I get quite antsy and want to run around a lot but I can’t do that because of the snow. I think the thing I am most looking forward to in January is the next Ultimate clinic and squash lesson that will be beginning in the middle of the month.

2012 USA Ultimate Club Championships Saturiday Action

I am also looking forward to the new year and what it might entail.

img_2662