Frankenstuffies!!

Now is the time to reflect on the biggest project of the year. The Frankenstuffie unit.

We covered ecology, surface area, volume and geography.

The first step of the project was to make our math monsters. Which we would include into our stories.

Then we focused on ecology and exploring the relations between organisms and how they rely on each other.

With those two things going on in scimatics we started to look at geography and writing epistolary stories in humanities.

For geography we looked at the seven regions of Canada;

Arctic Region
Cordillera Region
Interior Plains Region
Canadian Shield Region
St. Lawrence Lowlands Region
Appalachian Region
Innuitian Mountains

and for writing the epistolary stories we started to read The Martian which is based around a survival story of an astronaut on Mars. Then we had to write our stories about an animal’s survival in a new region.

We each were given a certain area of a region. So I was in the Northwestern area of the Appalachian region. In essence I was in the north west area of Newfoundland.

My story was about a beaver who lived in an alternate universe where beavers are at the top of the food chain. He was dropped into the middle of the wilderness and forced to survive in late November when the area started to get very cold.

We had two drafts for the stories the first was peer critiqued and the second was a final draft.

The Tails Of My Survival-2e7k74r

I really enjoyed writing the stories becaus wit was survival themed and i really enjoy that field of camping and outdoor survival.

After writing the stories we started to put together our videos. We spent a week filming and putting together photos. Then we put it fully together with audio and everything.

Afetr the first draft we did a peer critique in which I added music and put in an actual fire, that was the fun part.

After that draft I did a final edit.

Then we finally received critique on the videos and I’m working on putting together a full final draft.

My favourite part of this project was the survival aspect and I’m really proud of what I’ve produced. Also, if you can’t tell from the story and/or the movie “humans” survive against the environment.