mPol’s, I’m still going to call it SLC’s though

It’s that time of the year again. It’s time for the all powerful mPol’s. Time for me to reflect on my current grade 10 experience.

I will be covering the work I’m most proud of, the skills I have developed and want to improve, the work that showed the most teamwork and my goals for the rest of the year.

First off is the work I am most proud of. I am really proud of one project and one blog post/research project.

The one project I’m really proud of is my golden ratio math project.

I felt that I worked really hard on the project, I spent three weekends working for over five hours on it. I spent a lot of time making sure I met the project criteria as well as my own personal criteria of making it a really successful project that showed my capabilities. I really wanted to show that I can make a good project. My previous math project wasn’t very good, so I wanted to make a comeback.

Now, the blog post I’m really proud of was my enigma research post. I felt really happy with my final product, I enjoyed researching about it and I had a lot of fun writing it. I was able to channel my WW2 history nerd and I felt that I went over and above the required criteria for the post.

Next is the skills I learned and want to improve the year.

The biggest skill I learned this year would definetly be podcasts. I’m still improving every time I make one.

I actually really like listening to podcasts but making them is a whole other story. There are a lot of components that go with making a podcast. You have to have a story, music and sound effects, be energetic or make your voice fit the mood, and make the entire thing informative and engaging.

Now at the very start of the year I had only listened to a few podcasts before. So I had close to no knowledge of how a podcast works but after time I slowly am getting better and better with making them. I still have a lot to improve on, especially making the story engaging.

The biggest way to improve on my podcasting skills is just keep on doing them and every time I do another podcast I focus on improving specific skills ie. audio quality, story etc..

Next is the work I felt showed my teamwork skills. This would definetly have to be the Vancouver project. I worked with Lucas and Michael. I felt that we all wanted to have a successful project and we worked really hard to achieve that.

https://soundcloud.com/user-457614921/best-coast-west-coast-podcast-final-1

We delegated tasks well and made sure everyone pulled their weight. Every obstacle we hit, whether it was an audio issue or script issue, we got it dealt with. We also used each others strengths. Lucas was really good with writing script so he wrote it. I had the most resources on Passive House so I did the reaserch and Michael had good video skills so he put together the reflection video.

We trusted each other to get things done and they got done.

Now for my goal for the rest of the year.

I want to shake this laziness  I have developed in the first term and a bit of the school year.

I have become lazy  with my work and I’m just not putting the effort in that I used to. After a lot of thought I realized that the root cause of it all is the fact that I’m not finding a reason to do all of this work. Most universities aren’t nessecarily looking at grade 10 marks and I don’t have any choice in my math, sciences and socials yet. So I don’t have the oppritunity to specialize in certain areas that I want to delve into for university. In essence I’m just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I’m not seeing how what I’m doing right now will better me in the future.

I’m also not feeling very energetic at school. I have realized it’s because I’m not as active as I was a year ago. Last year I did more than just Ultimate once a week. I did squash and curling as well. Due to my inactivity I haven’t had the best of sleeps and that transfers into my energy levels.

How am I going to fix it?

My goal is to be more active by playing more sports and getting into a fitness routine. That will not only make me more energetic it will keep my fitness level up so I don’t injure myself again in ultimate. I also want to start feeling that drive again to be successful and the way I want to achieve that is to set little goals every week. Based on the work I get I want to plan for something that I will look forward to and make sure I get all of my work done before I do what I am looking forward to doing.

Now for the all powerful question that I am supposed to ask my parents and teachers.

Have you seen a decrease in my laziness since the break or an increase? Because I really started to make a full attempt to get rid of it right after the break.