TPol’s Grade 10 Edition

So, it’s that time of the year again. End of school, giant projects all in one week and TPol’s. The point of a TPoL is to reflect on the entire year and explain why you should move on the next grade.

For this TPoL. I’m going to talk about some of the projects I have done this year. Specifically my favourites, the one I thought showed my teamwork skills and the project I thought best showed my growth this year.

First is my favourite. My Favourtie projects this year were the Golden Ratio project and the California iBook.

First my Golden Ratio Project. This project was one of my favourties because I felt that it was one of my most enjoyable projects this year. I was able to take a somewhat confusing concept and turn it into something I enjoyed. I created a design using Sketchup that included the golden ratio in close to every aspect of the design.

I was really proud of what I accomplished in this project and it definetly showed what I am able to do and the efforts I can put in to a school project.

Next is my California iBook. I really enjoyed putting this together. It was probably my favourite trip in PLP and creating a book all about was a lot of fun. I enjoyed taking all of the photos down there and I enjoyed all of the learning we did down there for the book and our projects. So when I was in process of creating the book I spent a lot of time reminiscing on the events and experiences me and my classmates had down in CA. When I finished the book I was really proud of what I put together, which makes almost every project a lot better. My favourite part of the book were the two videos me and some of my peers put together. The rap video and the Alcatraz horror video.

So those were my two favourtie projects now for the project I thought I showed my teamwork skills. This would definitely be the WWII website. I was in a group with Spencer and Mimi. We all worked super well with each other and made sure things got done. The general project was a lot of fun for me but the fact that everyone in my group wanted to work hard and create a good website, was awesome and made the whole thing way more enjoyable. We spent a lot of time in and outside of school working hard to get research and website set up done. We communicated really well and helped each other out. I generally really enjoyed the project because of the topic but working with the people I did made it so much better and more successful. It was definetly one of the top three projects this year.

Last is the project I though showed the most growth.

At the beginning of this year I was “lazy”. In an attempt to get rid of it I set myself a lot of goals.

I wanted to be more active, more motivated and enjoy my projects more.

Recently I have gotten two jobs and have played a full season of Ultimate Frisbee and I’m currently nearing the end of a baseball season. So I have definetly become more active which has definetly helped in me getting my work done , so I can go and do my various activities as well as be more engaged in school.

I have definetly found more motivation in school partly because I have started to enjoy some of my projects and I want to be successful in them.

I have also really enjoyed a lot of the projects we have done in the last two or so terms. California was awesome, The WWII unit was really fun and interesting, the job shadow project was a lot of fun and in general school has been a more enjoyable experience since I set my goals in my MPol at the beginning of the second term. So there isn’t really one project that I would say have how my growth because the biggest growth I did was in my own mindset and I have applied my new mindset to a lot of projects in recent months.

So, why should I move on to the next grade. Well I believe I have learned a lot about myself this year. My strengths and passions. I have learned the possibilities for future careers in the fields I’m interested in. I have learned about who I am and the things that motivate and excite me. I have learned how to make myself successful. I’m excited for the summer which will entail a job and going away to camp for three weeks where I have taken the position of head counsellor and I’m excited for the next school year. I’m excited for the different courses I have selected as well as the new advapentures and experiences I will get next year.