Spring Exhibition 2023/2024

Hello and welcome to this blog post! This is a reflection on the content displayed in the Spring Exhibition, and my presentation to go along with it. In both of my PLP classes, Humanites and BCFP, I created a final product to display at the exhibition. In BCFP we were tasked with choosing a sub-unit […]

tPOL 2023/2024

🗣️ Declaration of Learning: “Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in […]

The Never Ending Mouse Chase

Hello and welcome to this blog post! This is my last post for a grade 11 Humanities project. The last project I complete was called “Cat and Maus”. It dove into the heavy topic of the holocaust. Throughout this project I was able to understand the concept of learning about the past to work towards […]

Don’t Worry… It’s Conceptual

Hello and welcome to a new blog post! I’ve recently completed a new project called “Fear factor”. This project had a large launch cycle and was focused on learning about the Cold War. The driving question was “How has fear been used as a political, defensive, and cultural tool to shape our society?”.  The launch […]

Martha Mayweather, Ex-Realtor

If this realtor listing doesn’t make you blind, I don’t know what will. Hello and welcome to the first summative post of this semester. I’ve recently completed a project with the project title and driving question, “Who Cares and Why Bother?”. In this project, I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses while engaging in […]

✨ Animations ✨

Hello and welcome to this short formative post. I haven’t done a short post like this in a while, so I thought I would share what I’ve been up to. I’ve recently started a new subject called BC First People’s. In this course we’ve been focusing on the diversity, depth, and integrity of the cultures […]

Affirming the Negative…

Welcome to the blog of a “Master Debater”. I’ve recently completed a new project called “The Great Debaters”. This project, as you probably guessed from the title, was about creating a debate. It was really interesting and new in the sense that we weren’t learning one topic on the curriculum, but more learning how to […]

“Actually Factually” 🤓

I hope you like the word “project”.  Hello and welcome to this blog post about a recent project I completed called “The Manhattan Project²”. This project revolved around creating an eBook that demonstrates the historical significance of the Manhattan Project. Generally each project has keystones, but this project seemed to be more self-motivated. The process […]

Mightier Than The Sword

Hello and welcome to my first summative blog post of my grade 11 year! I just finished a project called “Mightier than the sword”. In this project I focused on building my communicating and social awareness skills. The end product of this project was to create a piece of writing targeted towards grade 8’s to […]