Student Led Conference

imageWork I’m Most Proud Of

Some of the work I’m most proud of is my quilt square. I was really creative when I made the design of my quilt square because I made the layout look like bricks stacked on top of each other to represent how the people in the city we created all need each other in order to stay up and how everyone helps each other out. I filled in the bricks with different colours to represent different characters and events that happened in the story. Along with the quilt square and story, we each had to make two blogposts about our quilt. In the first one, I wrote more about my quilt individually and the challenges that I had while making my quilt. In the second blogpost, I wrote about my part is of the story I was representing and I included the other parts of the story along with links to the other group member’s blogposts about their quilt.

Work That Demonstrates my Growth as a Learner

Work that demonstrates my growth as a leaner would be my Destination Imagination project. By taking part in this project, I learned how to work in a group and be patient with others when working under pressure. This project taught me how to be more open minded with other people when they share their ideas. By supporting others, I learned to work cooperatively with other people and I developed some leadership skills by being more assertive with my own ideas.

Work That Shows How I’ve Developed A Growth Mindset

My Destination Imagination project is a great example of how I’ve developed a growth mindset because at the beginning of the project I thought that with my group, it was going to be very difficult to write a script a make a whole play. My group wasn’t doing very well with the instant challenges so I didn’t think that we were going to do very well in the Destination Imagination regional competition. I didn’t try very hard to brainstorm and contribute much to the group at the beginning but later on I started to understand the project more and I contributed more to the project during classes.