My Student Led Conference

SLC
My best evidence of learning this yer that I’m most proud of would be my Renaissance poster. It might not seem like much, but the amount of research, time, and effort I put into it was outstanding. I tried really hard to add detail and draw the pictures clear so people could understand it. In the beginning of this project, I wasn’t so sure about what I would do and how I could make it but while I was researching I came up with a layout of where I could draw out all my ideas and what style I should draw the pictures in. Even if I had my idea, I was still unsure of how this would turnout. I didn’t think I could pull this project off and make it within the timeline I was given so I worked even harder to make sure that when people look at what I drew on the poster they’d understand what I was trying to show and what I was trying to represent.

Before we started the poster, we had to research 3 different people from the Renaissance. We researched a thinker, artist, and scientist. My thinker was Pietro Summonte, my artist was Gentile Bellini, and my scientist was Jean Baptiste Deneys. For this assignment, we were told to make a triple Venn diagram about these 3 people comparing what they had in common during their life, their beliefs, traditions, etc.

Using the information from the Venn diagram we had to make a poster comparing today to the Renaissance. In my poster, I compared gender equality and I showed that in the Renaissance women were inferior to men because all three of the famous people I was researching were all male. The next thing I showed in my poster was that all of my people worked for a group. For example, Gentile Bellini was the official portrait artist for the Doges of Venice. Jean Baptiste was the official physician of King Louis XIV. I think that it means that politics were a lot different back then and that people might not have had as much freedom as we do today.

I made two drafts of the poster and in the first one, one of the major improvements was that I had an Italian flag and a flag from France drawn because all of my people I was researching were from either one of those places. The flags didn’t represent or show what I was trying to get across to the people looking at my poster. As I was researching and looking for a new idea, I found that everyone had a job within the community that they helped out with so I decided to change the flags in that comparison.

imageimage
My best evidence of work that could’ve been improved was from the iBook, the Sikhism Explain Everything. Doing this project was very challenging to me because I I found the app Explain Everything very hard to use because I didn’t understand it even when I spent so much time playing around with it and creating new things with it. I got very frustrated when using the app. It took me very long to make the EE and it really didn’t help when I was having challenges and feeling frustrated. However, I do think that my group pulled together at the end and so did my sikhism Explain Everything. Working in groups to make the EEs was very helpful because I could ask any group member to help me understand the app and how to use it. I do think I could’ve worked harder to improve the EE and add more animation and pictures. I also think I could’ve edited the script just a little bit more to make it fit better with the Explain Everything.

When I look back to the beginning of the year, I see that I’ve developed a lot in writing, art, and so much more. I’ve been given great learning opportunities like going fencing, visiting religious temples, mosques, and churches. I’ve learned how to research and how to get information off the internet which I wasn’t familiar to in the beginning of the year. I learned how to use so many new apps and I learned that hard work and effort will pay off when making something. I learned new ways of organization and I really enjoyed this year. Thank you!