Hi people, for my week 6 blog challenge I had to pick a topic in science that I want to learn more about,  If you cant tell just from the title, I decided to learn more about the theory of reliativity.  This is because I never really understood the theory or relativity even though I tried too.  I watched many videos and asked a lot of my family and still didn’t understand.  After doing some research I think I have some basic knowledge on what it is about.

After trying to understand the basics theory of relativity I think I finally have a pretty good understanding of it that I can share with you people.  The first two things you need to know is that it isn’t possible to tell which object is moving and which object is standing still.  For example, if your in a car next to another car and your both going at the exact same speed, it looks like your both still but the world is moving.  What if you look at this from another perspective?  Lets say there are two cars moving the exact same speed but you are outside looking at the cars.  The world isn’t moving but the cars are moving.  Both perspectives of the cars moving are right!  The second thing you need to know is that the speed of light is the same for all observers.  There is no real reason why.  It’s just like a rule of light.  This is all I’m going to be explaining in this post (for now) because there are so many different parts of relativity that are hurt your brain to understand.

After I watched this video I didn’t know what to say.  My mind was boggled on what the theory of relitativity is about and how light and space work.  I 100% recommend you watch this and maybe watch it twice because of how much stuff is in this video.  This video is a bit more advanced than the basics of relativity but I still think its good.  The main thing I think was very interesting not only learning more about relativity but learning how if you travel around the speed of light not only your ship starts to get smaller but you start to get smaller.  Again if anyone reading this wants to learn lots on relativity watch this video.

Two Truths and a Lie

This is a short Two Truths and a lie thing I made. Hope you enjoy it  😀

To conclude my research on the theory of relativity I would say I learned a lot.  I don’t think I now am a master of relativity because there is so much more that I have no idea about.  I think I got most of the basic ideas down.  I am glad I chose to research relativity because before I didn’t have a well understanding of it and I think my understanding is now better.