Hi people, this weeks blog challenge is whatever you want.  Because if this I am going to be talking about my UBC music camp experience.  This experience was a very important part of my life my life and really changed the way I think of music.  I will be talking from beginning to end about the really important parts of my experience.

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

When I first arrived, they brought us to this big theatre.  There were many rows of seats filled with many different kinds of people.  I was surprised that people all over the world came to join this program.  This only made me more nervous.  They had people talk on the stage and talk about the program a bit more.  After they sent us into different band groups (Jazz band, concert band, strings) and we started making some music.  (I was in the jazz band).

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

The first day of this program was pretty intense.  It’s 8 hours of music every day for a week with a lunch break.  Playing the alto saxophone it start to really hurt your lips when your playing it for almost the whole day.  On the very first day we had a lot of music to sight read.  Sight reading is just looking at music for the very first time and having to play it.   After about half of the day is over they make lunch for you.  You stand in this big line to get food such as a hotdog or a sandwich.  For the amount of people they are making food for its pretty good.  At the end of the day I was tired and just wanted to go home

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

As the weeks passed I got better and better at playing the songs.  I got more used to waking up early and playing for eight hours a day.  I also started meeting lots of great people in the jazz band who share the same interests as me.  The staff set up fun games and put us into group and wandered around the campus.  The more days I stayed at the camp the more I wanted to stay.  After the end of the camp was getting near we had to prepare for the final concert.

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

For the final concert we got to take all the songs we learned and play it infront of a live audience.  (If was also filmed live.  If you want to check it out click here and go to 25:00 to see my jazz Band group play).  I had a lot of fun playing in the final concert and was sad that it was over.

🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷🎷

My final thoughts on the UBC music camp was that I enjoyed it.  It was a big step for me music wise and was a great experience.  I met so many great people and made so many different memories.  If you are into music and want to join a music program in the summer I definitely recommend this program.  I think it changed the way I thought of music and I’m really happy that I went.