Hi people, for todays blog post I am going to be talking about Winter Exhibition.  Winter Exhibition is where all grades 8-12 who are in PLP (Preformance Learning Program) have a question that they have to present about.  For us it was “How is religious worldview represented in the real world?”  Our teachers randomly gave us a religion to study and in our groups we had to answer that question and prepare for the event. (I may not have explained that too well but hopefully it will make more sense as you continue reading).

The religion we had to study was Hinduism.  We started of by making a poster on keynotes (an application for making slideshows) about Hinduism.  One of the rules for creating this poster was we had to draw/create everything that goes in it which means we can not use images from the internet.  Our group planned out what each of us were going to draw and we started drawing.  At the of the day we came up with this poster as our first draft.

We were told that these poster had too look like it wasn’t made for a school project.  That meant that we had to make some changes and corrections to the poster.  We tried to change the poster up a bit.  Are plan was to have a faded picture of the sun in the background.  I looked in my photos a nice picture.  We also moved around the photos and added yellow lines to divide all the information.  I think that our second draft was way better than our first one.  It was easy to follow, very vibrant, and full of amazing drawing that we created.

After making our second draft we needed to think about our third draft.  I didn’t think that we really needed to change anything but our teacher said we should make some little changes to our poster.  We also got some feedback from people in our class.  They said we should make the temple less faded out, change the font for our text, and just rearange some of the photos.  We got to work doing that and in the end it came out as a success.  It looked a lot neater and it looked like it wasn’t made for a school project.  The fonts stood out better and the sentences made more sense.  We were finally ready for the winter exhibition.

Our group had to do a lot of setting up to prepare for winter exhibition.  We set up lights, wrapped tables with coulored paper, set up our posters, put out our food (nan bread) and so much more.  When we were done setting up, shortly after people started coming in to learn about religious worldview.  I got the chance to teach people about a topic that I had been learning about for a while.  This was a great experience for me because I am not the best public speaker but that definitely helped me become better and I thought It was really fun. 👍

Before I go into my reflection of the whole experience, I wanted to talk about some other things that led up to this moment.  Before making the poster we had to make a presentation on our worldview.  This was very helpful because it increased my understanding of worldview and what it is.  If you want to see the video I made about my Worldview, click here.  Another thing that we had to make was a photo documentary.  This was to be constantly playing on our iPad for winter exhibition.  There is a slideshow below of my photo documentary.

From participating in the winter exhibition, I have learned lots of new things.  One thing I learned that was really big for me was learning how well I could present to people.  Usually I am very nervous when presenting but that night it was I was very calm and relaxed.  I also learned more about my worldview and how it has made me who I am today.  Another thing I learned was how good feedback can really change something for the better.  Anyway, this is the end for this blog post.  Thank you for reading this blog post about my winter exhibition. 👋👏👏