Who wants a normal door, that can open, close, function without breaking, and saves space, when you could have a colourful, abstract, delicate door, which is no longer used?

When you look at a door such as ours you are given a thrill of delight from the shapes protruding from it’s confinement. An arrangement of shapes, colours, sizes, and quality, designed to make the door’s surface area exactly x5 bigger than it was originally.

My group (CalebE, FraserH, AedanL)  designed the top portion. Our design took many revisions, and days of thinking, but after a while it made sense. We built  our design, of twenty one big triangles, and twelve smaller triangles.

Our design was neerly correct! We were only off by 2%, which I think is pretty good!

To see our journey, some (many) bumps along the road, and the technique we used, go to our Technical Report. Here we have written the entire process of enlarging the door.

– some measurements we used.

if you ever are looking for a good never have I ever, just say you spent 3 weeks decorating a door!

Have you ever done anything you never would have thought of doing?     -tell me about it in the captions below.