Religious belief is a very strong force that shapes  many peoples lives daily and on a larger scale. The entire monarchy of Britain is a religious belief, Britain has changed and built many different places and the impact of that upon modern life is very great indeed.

That is an example of the power of belief, it can change culture, relations between people and countries, it can alter the desision of a ruler or government, it can sart and stop Wars. This I find quite interesting and the information I found while reasearching sertan religions is quite valuable to know.

In class we took a while looking into five different religions (sorry if we didn’t learn about yours) they were Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Judaism.

In the program I’m in called PLP, there is ALWAYS a big project at the end of each section. For this study, we made Infographics.

To look at the infographics my class made,  just click on the images below.

Hinduism                                   Buddhism                              Christianity

Sikhism                                          Islam                                      Judaism

We couldn’t just make an infographic on a religion we didn’t know much about! So of course before we made those we spent hours upon hours doing meticulous research in the most fun way possible! I bet you can’t guess… making charts again “yaaay”. After a while of doing the exact same thing  over and over again on related topics and getting very similar (once and a while diverse) answers, I began to feel like a robot. However I did enjoy  learning all of the information , like the history behind each religion, and especially the traditional foods!-or also the lack of food in the case of Ramadan.

After we finished our charts, got into groups and focused on one religion out of the six we had previously researched. I was put in a group with BenjaminS, LouisaW, AedanL, and myself. Together, we studied Sikhism. After looking a little more into detail of Sikhism, we prepared some questions and went to meet someone who believes in each religion to tell us more about their beliefs.

First, we went to a mosk and met a Muslim person who taught us all about Allah, and how every Muslim is expected to travel to the holy city, Mecca and pray at the Kaaba, we learned that no matter where you are you must pray five times per day, we learned that the holy book is called the Quran. Below are a few pics I took there.

On that same day, we were going to go to a synagogue also,  before that happened we took a quick detour to Chipotle for lunch. I got a carnitas wrap with virtually everything (exept rice-I’m allergic), it was amazing! Rich juicy flavours singing in perfect harmony on my tongue.

Now to the Synagogue!

The synagogue was a big modern building built over a river. It also was a Jewish school where Jewish children can go to learn about Judaism and to learn how to read and speak Hebrew. I can’t fully describe what it looked like, so I’ll let you see for yourself.

The image that really struck me was the one on the bottom, it’s a picture of an area in the synagogue that is a memorial of the past peoples of this house of worship. Each bulb that is lit recognizes each departed soul, thier name ingraved beside each light.

we went home with filled minds, whole hearts, and full stomachs from our earlier lunch break, thinking of the holy texts we were shown, remembering the image of the Torah- the Jewish holy book, and recalling all of the events (and flavours) of the day.

The next day I got horribly sick, and could not go to school, or even stand for that matter. Therefore I missed the next trip we took, and the next, and the next, missing all of the trips including the one to the Sikh temple where I was supposed to talk with a sikh. I wish I could have gone, but in order to hear the full story, you can go to my group members’ blogs, Lucy’s or Aedan’s or Ben’s, but please first keep reading.

In this topic, we also learned about world view, a world view is one’s perspective of the world, how life events have affected this view, and how you see humans, society, the universe, and especially RELIGION.

I have a wild and wonderful world view, and if you would like to learn more(you do want to) watch my video that literally Exlains Everything, because that’s what app I used.

Warning cringe worthy video ahead!

-Will be coming soon in this post Ne’er you! (check back in a few days to see my video)

The Infographic my group has made is supposed to explain a Sikhs worldview. All you have to know about Sikhism, is that Sikhs believe in one god and gurus tell the people of earth the words of god, they are the messengers, Guru literally translates to the word teacher, and though they both wear turbans, Sikhs aren’t Muslim.

If I didn’t already learn about your religious beliefs, please tell me about them!

I want to know what your favourite thing to get at Chipotle is! If there was one thing that I must try (or multiple) what would it be?                      Let me know in the comments below and make sure to check out my groups blogs!

Have a good day!