โœฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜—๐˜–๐˜“ 2020 โœฐ

What a year itโ€™s been… so far. My first year of PLP kicked off with an amazing trip to Alberta, followed by several projects and even a winter exhibition. I learned so much from these things and I know thereโ€™s more to come. Thats why today Iโ€™m asking myself how can I improve my learning with a goal that I can reach by the end of the year?

Whatโ€™s that goal you may ask? Well from making TikToks to asking how place impacts people, this year has been hard work and sometimes a task seems too big to even understand although its not that big of a deal. In this case rather than sitting down and trying to figure it out, sometimes I procrastinate. I procrastinate until itโ€™s a day before itโ€™s due then rush through the work, preventing me from doing my best. For an example of this I want to show two projects. One where I did procrastinate and one where I didnโ€™t.ย 

This I would say is one of the worst posts on my blog. This is because there is not much thought put into the text and I didnโ€™t make good use of features like photos and links. I believe this happened because I waited until the last minute to finish it. Now enough of the bad, lets look at what happens when I donโ€™t procrastinate.

Maybe if I could go back and change some things about this video I would, but overall I was really proud of this. Youโ€™ll never guess why this turned out so well. Ok you probably did, itโ€™s because I didnโ€™t procrastinate. I stayed focused on the project and it gave me more time to make it something good that I was proud of. In conclusion: donโ€™t procrastinate = time and time is precious if you want to do your best.ย 

Looking back at my work habits, I really wish that I had put more time into planning. With a clear plan on how I will execute a task, I will be successful and prepared. One specific project I wish I had planned more was SBC or Student Blogging Challenge. This would have gone a lot smoother with some planning especially because it was my first time blogging.

I had this goal of planning in mind before I started making this post. What better project to start changing my work habits on than mPOLโ€™s. Before typing up this post I did some serious planning with notability. It wasย good to be prepared.

Collaboration prevents procrastination. That is the next idea I want to talk about. When you are working in a group, there are more people counting on you than yourself. Whenever Iโ€™m in a group I make a point to not procrastinate. I just need to put that same mindset into individual assignments. Here are some examples of collaboration:

The last thing I want to mention is how I will meet these goals in the future. The main goal is to stop procrastinating. Going back to the part about planning, if I plan before beginning a task I will be ready to complete it and I wonโ€™t procrastinate. I will start assignments as early as possible instead of waiting. Iโ€™m ready to have a organized, hard working, rest of the year.

Thanks for listening,

-Asha