Oregon Field Study

On October 13th, at 6:15 am my PLP class departed from Seycove Secondary on a trip down to Newport. This post is a recap of the adventure I had.

We spent a total of 7 days down in Washington and Oregon. I don’t have enough space to talk about everything that happened down there so I will just be mentioning my favourite parts. If you want to know what we did every day then read the book above I made about the trip. 

A sketch of the yurt

One of the major highlights of my trip was staying in the yurts. We stayed in the South Beach State Park yurts and they were amazing! The only problem was the walls weren’t soundproof so you could hear a conversation form outside. My yurt mates were Thomas, Liam, Angelo, and Jude. We had a lot of fun together and got to know eachother a lot better. 

One of my favourite activities was zip lining at High Life Adventure Park. It was so cool to be zooming over the lake and, on one occasion, getting dunked in the lake. Thomas and I got soaked in the lake! If you are in the area, definitely check it out!

My favourite meal would be the food we ate at the Kam Meng Chinese Restaurant. The rice they made was delicious and they didn’t use sesame seeds. If you don’t know I am allergic to sesame and I got to eat a lots of foods there that I couldn’t have tried anywhere else. 

Since we were driving along the coast we would go to a beach almost everyday. So that made for some amazing sunsets. I even got a time lapse of the sun setting from one of the beaches. Above is a collage of all the sunsets we saw. 

AFBE9A37-956C-473D-8828-DB71A9B2EB86-1912vle   this is the timelapse of the sunset

This trip really brought our class together. I made a ton of friends and learned about a lot of people because of this trip. I would say this was the best field trip I’ve ever been on. My only wish was that it was longer. I can’t wait for our next field study! Catch y’all later. Peace out.

(Photo credits to PLP Seycove, Thomas Jaakola, and Holly Robinson)

One thought on “Oregon Field Study