Hoover and Alfonso; Friends for life

Hey guys it’s Ben and week 7 is a catch up week so we can write about anything we want. I am choosing to write about my fish tank, except there is a twist. I am going to be writing from a sheriffs point of view and the storyline is that of a town where animals disappear. The sherif is writing in his journal about it. Hope you enjoy the story!

March 14th, 2018. Journal entry one. A new fish arrived in town today. His name is Gilliam. Flashy, red Betta Fish who flares at anyone who block his path. Stay clear.

March 24th, 2018. Snails came to town today. Names are Hoover and Dyson. Hoover is a black snail with a white spot on his derrière. Dyson, black with orange stripes. Algae eaters. Not harmful.

July 3rd, 2018. Dyson is missing. No traces at all. Main suspect: Gilliam the Betta Fish. The two were in a fight at the Log Bar the night before. Still investigating.

August 9th, 2018. Gilliam taken out of town by the Man. Taken on the 7th. Hasn’t come back yet. Town doubts he is still alive. Investigation for Dyson at a dead end.

September 15th, 2018. It’s mighty lonely in this town. Just me and Hoover, although he doesn’t know I exist. Hoover seems sluggish and tired. Morale is low for the both of us. But life must go on.

September 17th, 2018. Dyson’s shell was found. He was sucked into the filter and trapped for weeks. Killed by lack of water. Body still not found. Hoover is worse than before.

October 28th, 2018. New fish in town. Alphonso, big, blue and red, flashy Betta Fish. A lot like Gilliam, except less snobbish. Let’s hope he doesn’t suffer the same fate.

November 8th, 2018. According to ears outside, a dog is living just outside the tank. Name not known, appearance is a mystery. Dog is moving in in December.

I would just like to add that all events in this story were true events in my tanks lifetime. Gilliam was sadly put down due to blindness and failure to locate food. Dyson disappeared for weeks and the shell was found while cleaning the tank. Hoover and Alphonso are still alive to this day and doing well. All of the photos are of Hoover and Alphonso. I hope you like the mysterious sherriffs’ journal entries. Have a nice day everybody! Peace out ✌️.

5 thoughts on “Hoover and Alfonso; Friends for life

1. Kira says:

Wow! Your story is really creative! I didn’t realize it was a true story until the end. I used to have fish too, Blue blast, Sneaky sneaky statues (sneaky) named after the game, Sunshine and Bob! (I named them when I was younger)! How long have you had your fish?
    Kira