hanford

Hanford, Washington is a world changing place but if you where to go the you wouldn’t get that idea it seems like. It has no large city’s not much forest or nature and has a population of 56,000. Even though it seems like these are the exact conditions that would not want to have to change the world, they where the reason for it being the place that changed the world. The plain land and the low population made it easy to covert in to a nuclear site in the mites of WWII and that was the bases of the most recent PLP field school.

Before we headed to Hanford the nuclear site, we headed to Portland Oregon to look at an active nuclear reactor at reed college. Personally, it was my favourite sites that we visited. Well we were there, there a few things that I was surprised about. One of those things was the simplicity of the reactor, it didn’t have any complicated electric attached to it in fact is running on a lot of old technology. It only needing simple tech has been well documented, one story that clearly demonstrates this is a story of a Boy Scout he was able to create a nuclear reactor in his garage without any sort of permits or government assistance he was able to get his hands on the materials to make one. But I was only one there’s another at that that some people might not find this particularly interesting but for me was very shocked once a nuclear actor started there’s a blue light emitting from the center of the reactor. The tour guilds explain this blue light was caused from particles move faster than the speed of light personally I didn’t even know was possible, I thought the speed of light what’s the limit for it anything that can travel. It’s very rare to see something that you believed wasn’t possible so to see this completely amazed.

Longest trip we stopped at two places where he got to many assignments. One of these places was Powells city of books here we were to find one of the most interesting title we can lead to some sort of activity or hobby that we do personally I went straight for the writing section was looking through I found a book titled how to run like a mother which personally is interesting as a fact that my mother was one the first people to get me into running.
(Insert cover hear)

The other place of your mini assignment was Maryhill museum hear we had to find a artwork I personally chose one of Auguste Rodin first Sculptures he is best known for his sculpture the thinking man but the scotch that I was curious but there was one for his first words I was personally curious about what inspired him to create this first base sadly there’s no images online and my camera lost all of its memory on this trip.

Written by:

Be First to Comment