Summer 2016

Wow. This was an amazing summer and I’m so sad it’s almost over. The first couple of weeks weren’t that great. I didn’t really do that much and it was pretty boring. Everyone in my family was bored so my Mom decided to book a last minute camping trip at the end of July. We went camping at Birch Bay State Park and it was very fun. My dad and sister could only stay for the first night because they had to work so the next night my mom and I were alone. On the third night our family friends joined us and we had so much fun. We roasted marshmallows on the campfire, went shopping, and played games. It was very enjoyable but I was so happy to go home. 

About a week after camping I had to get ready to leave again because I was going on a cruise. I was extremely excited. I had been on a few cruises before so I knew exactly what to expect. I was excited to meet new people on the ship and make friends for life. On the first day of the cruise we didn’t do much except explore our home for the next week. That night I went to the teen club and met a bunch of amazing people from all over America. It was really cool meeting people from different places because we would talk about school and everybody’s schools were completely different. The second day I spent mostly at the pool and the water slides. 

The third day was our first day on shore. Our first stop was Mahogany Bay, Honduras. It was an awesome place. There was a shipwreck right next to where our ship had docked and that looked really cool. That say I went snorkeling with my uncle and we saw so many cool fish. We had heard that Mahogany Bay had beautiful coral reefs and we weren’t disappointed. This was only my second time going snorkeling but it was way better than the first time. After we went snorkeling we spent the rest of the day just lounging on the beach.

The forth day was another day at shore and it was even better than the first one. Our second stop was Belize. This was the stop I had been looking forward to the the most. In Belize we went cave tubing and zip lining. Cave tubing was an amazing experience. We all sat down on tubes that were tide toghether and we floated through a cave. The cave was beautiful and was very big. When we came out of the cave we were floating down a river through the jungle until we arrived at the zip lining. Zip lining was very fun but I was a little scared at first. It was so cool getting to zip line through the jungle. 

On the fifth day and our last day on shore we went to Cozumel. This was by far my favourite port on the cruise. We got to go on this super cool speed boat to an island with a gorgeous beach. It was paradise. I spent the day swimming with my sister and lounging on the beach. It was an amazing. The only bad part about that day was I got burnt by the sun. Other than that this was probably one of the best days of any trip I had ever been on.                

The last day on the boat was very fun but I was sad it was almost over. The next day we got off the cruise but our trip wasn’t over yet. We still had four nights in New Orleans before we had to go home. The first day in New Orleans we went on a tour of the city in a horse drawn carriage. It was really cool but it was so hot there. The next day we went on a swamp tour to see some alligators. It was so awesome. We saw lots of gators and some wild boars too. The next day in New Orleans we went to the World War Two museum. I was actually very excited to go there because I love learning about wars. The museum was very educational and interactive and I enjoyed it very much. On our last day we went on Steamboat Natchez up the Mississippi River. It was a little boring but I had ice cream so I was happy.

Sadly our trip had come to an end and we had to head home. We woke up the next morning and headed to the airport. After a long day of flying, we were home and I was very happy. I missed my dog so much while I was gone and I couldn’t wait to see her. Now sadly summer is almost over and it’s time to head back to school. I’m very excited for a new year of fun and learning with my friends.