Haitian Metaphor Machine Finally Finished!

My group has finally finished our Machine. It took a lot of trial and error but we managed to make everything work. This project had a lot more to it then I tought it did. If you would like to read more about this project and the first half of working on it check out my other post on it Here. Once we hit the halfway point I was kinda worried. Most of the parts were turning out nicely but there were a couple parts of the machine that we had no idea how to make work and our machine didn’t have much of a steampunk aspect. Read my blog about steampunk Here. I was worried we weren’t going to get it done in time. We also had to do a video on our machine that we had barely started. Luckily for us we have a great teacher who helped us get back on track.

Our teacher made us make a schedule of what we had to do in each day to get our machine and video finished. This really helped us manage our time better so we get could get everything done. We started off with with working on the electrical circuit needed in our machine. For our circuit we used a copper sticker to run our circuit up a mini flagpole. I’ve never used stickers in a circuit before and I was kinda worried that it wouldn’t work. Thankfully we got the circuit to work and it really made our machine look complete. 

The last thing we had to do to finish off our machine was find a way to make a piece of paper rip in half and release a golf ball. We spent a little bit of time in every class trying to make it work. Sadly we could not find a way to rip the paper so we had to try and find another metaphor for the start of our machine. It was a little tricky but we came up with a good idea that was easy to make work in the little time we had left. Sadly we ran out of time in class to finish the machine so we had to finish it at Sofia’s house on Sunday. When we finally finished I was so proud. I was very happy with how it turned out. Eveythjng worked perfectly and our machine looks so cool.

While we were working on the machine we had to make a video on it. The video describes our project, the aspects that needed to be included in our project, and our making of the machine. We worked really hard on the video and it turned out really nicely. I never really enjoy making videos because I hate the sound of my voice but this one wasn’t that bad. ​​

Metaphor Machine Video

In the end my groups machine and video turned out amazing and I’m really proud of the work we did. It wasn’t the easiest thing but we worked together really well and got the job done.

Check out my group’s blogs

Sofia’s Post

Simon’s Post

Reid’s