The Things I Carry

We have recently started a health and career unit. Most grade 9’s do this unit throughout the year but we have it included in PLP so we have to do it at the end of the year. At the beginning of the unit we got assigned a pretty big project. The project was to make a keynote on the things we carry. In the keynote we had to show 10 things we carry both mentally and physically that help us in our everyday lives. For example something I carry physically is my phone and something I carry mentally is my creativity. This was the first time I had ever used keynote so I was a little nervous. We were given a list of effects our keynote had to include and I had no idea how to do any of them. I was also really nervous because I knew I would have to present this in front of my entire class and I felt like it was a very personal thing and I’m not very close with a lot of people in my class.

The first thing I did was come up with the list if the top ten things that I carry. Coming up wth the mental things was a lot easier than coming up with the physical things because I feel like physical things aren’t as important. After I had chosen them out I wanted to watch some of my classmates presentations so I had an idea of what to do with my keynote. Luckily I was one of the last people to present so I had a ton of time to do that. Once I knew what I wanted to do I starte my keynote. The first thing I did was look at the list of things my keynote needed to have. I needed to have 

• at least one image where you adjusted the mask
  • at least one image that you adjusted the size of
  • At least one image that you used insta alpha on
  • At least one magic move
  • at least one object grouping
  • at least one added animation
  • at least one added transition
  • at least one object build
  • presenter notes

Keynote is a pretty easy app to use so most of these things were pretty easy to figure out. There were a few things I couldn’t figure out so I just asked my sister and my friends. In my keynote I tried to use a lot of my own photography and I also wanted it to be colourful. I chose 4 physical things and 6 mental things.

I chose my cell phone because although it is not my most needed thing it helps me communicate with my friends and family and it is wat for me to take pictures to keep memories. My next thing was my earbuds. I mostly use them to listen to music which can really effect my mood and helps calm me down if I’m nervous about something. They also hall me concentrate on school work by blocking out all other noise. After that was my wallet. My wallet holds my money which I can use if I’m hungry or it can help me in an emergency. It also holds my compass card which gets me to and home from school almost everyday. The last physical thing I carry is my backpack. It holds all the other things I carry and also holds some other essentials I need to get through the day at school like my iPad and some food.

The first mental thing I carry is my creativity. It helps me come up with ideas and can make a boring situation more fun. Next was my happiness. I try to stay happy as much as possible because it makes the days go by faster and smiling is contagious and I love to make people smile. Then I did my memories. Memories are really important because they help make up who you are. It is important to remember the people that have touched your life because you never how they can help you in the future. After that I talked about my energy. When I want to be I can be really energetic. It helps me be motivated to do things like exercise or do work. Then I did my passion. I’m passionate about a lot of things and when I passionate about something no one can seperate it from me. It helps me do better in school if I am passionate about the work. Finally I did my optimism. I’m very optimistic and always hope for the best outcome. It helps me in times when everything seems bad but I know I’ll be able to get through it.

Here is my keynote but sadly none of the animations are able to be seen in my post.