Smart Goals

To start the year off in plp we all had to write three goals we had for the year. I feel this is a great way to start off the school year because it helps us remember what we would like to work better on so everyone can it in the write mindset to do their best work. The goals all had to be S.M.A.R.T. goals. S.M.A.R.T. Stands for specific, manageable, attainable, realistic, and trackable. Everyone had to write three goals. One goal was about our learning in school, one was about how character, and the last one was about our learning outside of school. I really wanted to challenge myself this year so I really thought about strong goals that I want to reach. Of course because this is plp we couldn’t just write down our goals. This year we are focusing on using our voices so we had to record each of our goals. We also had to make a visual to go along with each of the goals. 

For my goal about learning in school I wanted to have a stronger worth ethic.

I chose this goal because I struggle with working hard in class and I would like to improve my work and have less homework. For this goal I made a collage. 

I got a few pictures that I felt symbolized my goal and put them together. I put the clock in to the symbolize time management. I put the mountain climber to symbolize that this is a challenging goal and I will have to work hard to reach it.

For my goal about my character growth I chose to challenge my self to be more brave.

I chose this goal because I normally shy away from public speaking and expressing my opinion. I want to be able to talk in front of big groups of people about my work without being scared out of my mind. 

For the visual for this I drew a picture to symbolize bravery. 

In the picture the firery sky symbolizes the passion I have for my work. The lion symbolizes the bravery I need to get and the lines coming out of his mouth symbolize speaking. The mountains are the fear that I will have to overcome to be able to be more comfortable speaking in public. 

For my goal about learning outside of school I chose to challenge myself to improve my literacy skills. To do this I have decided to try and read a book each month and write a review on it. 

I chose this goal because I feel that reading and writing is probably the skill I am worst at and I would like to be better at it. I enjoy writing but I am never very proud of my work and I would like to change that. 

For my visual I made a collage. 

I put the books in to symbolize reading, the screenshot of the app Pages is to symbolize writing, and I put the Goodreads icon to symbolize where I will write the reviews. 

I love making goals at the beginning of the year and I really feel like I challenged myself. I am very excited to try and reach these goals and become a better student and maybe even a better person. I am a little scared to try to reach some of the goals but I know that if I don’t try I will regret it.