DꓯNIƎꓶ WIꓛꓘSꓕONƎ

Grit

Today in class we talked about grit. What is grit? Who has grit? Is grit good? We answered all those questions today. After discussing grit, we were assigned a little quiz. The quiz was designed to tell you your level of grit. Through 12 questions and a little but of math, I was given my grit level. I was a firm 4. I was happy with that. Is this quiz completely true though? Probably not, but it was neat to answer these questions and develop an answer.

I feel like the answer I got was pretty true. I have always felt the same way about myself as what showed in my score. I work really hard, but sometimes I get a little distracted. I think I show these skills best when working in a group project. I work really hard to make it a really awesome project, but when working with friends you are bound to get a little sidetracked. For the most part though, my projects/assignments turn out amazing, and I’m proud that that shows in my grades. If there is anywhere I could use this skills better it would be in projects/assignments that I am not particularly fond of. Sometimes, if the topic of an assignment isn’t up my lane I lose interest and my thoughts de-rail a bit. I need to work on keeping my interest levels high when working on these types of assignments. I think I can do that by finding something that connects to something I am fond of, in that topic. Here is an example…designing a terrain park in math. Just simple things like that. Overall, I have to keep up my grit, stay focused, and work hard.

danielw • September 22, 2016