Lately on Twitter…

There are often a number of great and interesting articles that come my way via Twitter. I would like to share a few.

On Spending Time with Children – Face to Face Talks“Too much screen time can be detrimental to girls 8 to 12 years old, but there is a surprisingly straightforward alternative for greater social wellness.”

On Social Media – Trust Building Exercises for Parents and Their Connected Kids – When Jesse Miller was here with Mediated Reality, he spoke to parents about password behaviour and talking to kids about their online behaviour. This is an interesting infographic.

On Cell Phone Issues – Cell Phone Tips for children and parents. This is a good place to learn some good practices prior to giving your child a cell phone or to review good ideas if your child already has one.

On Assessment Practices – 6 Big Assessment (AFL) Practices – Chris Wejr is one of the people I follow on Twitter. He seems to come across many good ideas. Assessment practices are changing, and it is important to help students learn how to assess themselves.

On Showing Appreciation – Why Appreciation Matters – Sometimes applying information from the business world works well in education. “Whatever else each of us derives from our work, there may be nothing more precious than the feeling that we truly matter…” I think this even more important for children. We need to show appreciation for who they are and how they add to our lives.

On Asking Some Questions – If I could ask students anything about schools… – an interesting request from a Principal. He has created an online document where people can share questions that they would like to ask students. Some interesting questions so far.

On Something Way Out There – Rare Pictures From The Dawn of NASA Spaceflight – I was hoping these pictures were older than I am, but alas, I arrived in Pointe Claire, Quebec just a few short months prior to these photos being taken.

Take care.