Today I’ll be writing about our latest project, which was about Romeo and Juliet. It was a really short project – we only had fifteen days in school to do it. I assumed when we inevitably did a project about Romeo and Juliet, we would be studying theatre acting and different translations of the play, etc.I was largely mistaken. We started the project by reviewing the play. Or well, reading through the whole thing over the course of about 6 days of class time, for the 5 acts of the play. We went through most of the scenes, with different students reading the lines of their own character who they volunteered/were voluntold to read for.

We also watched two movies, Gnomeo and Juliet, and Warm Bodies, both of which are adaptations of Romeo and Juliet. I didn’t really love either of them, but I’ll just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that was because we were watching them in school. After that, we made theme-books about the play. We detailed how they connected to the adaptations and what the writer was trying to convey with each act. We went through acts I-V and picked out lines that we could use as evidence to support our claims.

Here’s my theme-book:

Romeo and Juliet T T 2023 3-1 notability

The final product of the project was a movie/video we would make ourselves (within groups) that would represent a certain scene that we would choose from the play to make our own adaptation of. My group was Hannah, Colton, and Carter.

We chose the Tybalt versus Mercutio fight scene. I’m not gonna say anything about the actual video since I’ll link it at the end of the post, but I’m really proud of it, we all are. We all had some part in the movie, but I really gotta give it to Colton for really pulling it all together and keeping everybody on track. We definitely all had a few speed bumps along the way, since filming was quite difficult, but it ended up turning out so well. Pretty much everything except for the lines was our creative choice, and I really hope you enjoy the video:

That’s about it. I hope you enjoyed all 384 words of this rather short blog post and I’ll see you later.

Bye!

-Dylan