MPoL: 2022

Welcome to my grade 9 mid-year presentation of learning. This blog post is made to help show the ups and downs of my learning over the past couple of months. Throughout this year so far, I’ve created multiple projects in Scimatics and Humanities; I am going to show examples of this work and reflect on my best work and my worst work.

What skills did you use this year?

This year I focused a lot on using things more, staying more organized, and not procrastinating. I chose to work on these things because last year my biggest challenge was time management I spent a lot of time delaying before I got around to do my work and I often tried to put off doing work for as long as possible. This year I started to utilize the app things more for planning when I’m going to do my work, when is it due and what I have to do. This year I also set up a system to help me finish my work before I get distracted, I’ve started trying to complete my work right after school as I have basketball most days. Overall focusing more on time management has helped me increase the quality of my work and decrease the stress of cramming all of my work into one night.

What project did you struggle with? Why?

One project a struggled with was the Correlation and Causation project, I felt this project went below my expectations because me and my partner didn’t hand every thing in on time, most of our work wasn’t that well done and we didn’t work that well together. Although sometimes working in groups helps my learning 1 reason I think I struggled with this project was because I feel like I work better and more efficiently independently. I think I work better alone because I have higher standards then ally of PLP 9. My Correlation Vs Causation blog post.

Did all the work you completed this year meet your standards?

Overall my work met or exceeded my expectations but there were couple projects that I would like to continue to work on. In my learning plan I set my goal to achieve accomplished looking back at this I feel like I could change it to extending on scimatics and maker. One of my project I felt i went up and beyond my expectations was my first science project, in this project we were tasked with creating a card game that included certain math concepts. In this project me and my group had incredible time management, we worked together well, achieved extending on all milestones and competencies and we overall made a great project. This is my blog post and some pictures from the project

Of the work you completed so far this year, what are you least proud of? Why?

One project I thought I could do better on was my most recent poetry project in humanities, I felt this project was quite rushed and I didn’t spend as much time as I would of liked on some pats of this project. For example on the final day of the project I was not up to speed so I ended up staying up till 2am working on it. A lot of poems were not well thought out. If I planned out when I was going to do my work I feel like I could of been a lot more productive and been a lot more proud of my work. If I was to remake this project I would spend a lot more time working ahead and I would also put a lot more thought into each poem. This is my final poetry book

What are you going to strive to achieve in the remainder of the school year?

I’m going to strive to improve my time management some more even know I have already worked on it, I still want to improve it quite a bit as I had some trouble with it in a couple projects such as the poem project. I also want to work on getting better on reflecting in my summative as right now I feel like I’m not reflecting on my strengths and weaknesses during the project.

Thank you for reading my presentation of learning. I am responsible for my learning. I hope I was able share my accomplishments and challenges throughout this year.