Take our Kids to Work Day!!!!

Hi this blog post is about a career is 9 project “take our kid to work day” where each grade 9 student had to go with a parent or family friend to their place of work to learn about how that person makes a living and contributes to their household. I went with a family friend, Mrs. Murray, who is a grade 3 teacher at my old school. 

I went from 7:30 in the morning to about 4 o’clock. I helped out in the classroom organizing files, folders, handing out tests, and helping a couple students. Working with small groups, I assisted students with their social studies learning. It was particularly interesting to go back to the same school and classroom that I went to for grade 3. I really enjoyed going back there and helping out in the grade 3 classroom. 

Look at the videos below to see some photos and an interview that was taken on the day while I was there. 

Overall I really enjoyed take your kid to work day. I enjoyed seeing the kids and helping them out. The classroom was as loud as I remembered for grade 3!  I really enjoyed seeing Mrs. Murray work and I loved her creativity. She created a whole money system with the grade 3 classroom which surprised me because  I thought it might be too complicated. The students have fake money from doing jobs and having clean desks and they can do more jobs for more money because they need the money for things like prizes and for rent on their desk. I really enjoyed and learned a lot during take our kids to work day. 

When I arrived at home, I was exhausted!