For this PLP project we had to make a carbon copy of the video above!

For starters we were put in groups of three. I was grouped with Noah, and Owen.

Noah was our Director, Owen was our executive director and secondary actor. I was the Main actor and the costume manager.

To start the project we completed 5 milestones. Each milestone helped us organize and learn how to make a video. For example, Milestones 2,3, and 4, were all to make the video more organized and efficient. They were the Screenplay, Storyboard, and Call sheet. The screenplay gave us a a play by play of the movie. The Storyboard was a also a play by play of the movie but in pictures. We used keynote to animate these scenes.

When it came to filming we used a minimal amount of tools. Our main and only filming device was Noah’s IPad. It was pouring rain on the day we filmed so we brought an umbrella to keep the iPad and filter dry during the filming. For FX sounds we used a variety of tools. For footsteps we clipped a microphone to my pant close to the ankle and I ran. This allowed us to have a more realistic sound effect. When there was water FX Noah and I went and clipped the microphone to a leaf that was very close to water rushing through a tube. On initial thought we thought it was way to loud and we should put the microphone farther away. But after trial and error we figured we could use the first clip and lower the volume in an editing app.

For the bird FX we tried to imitate bird sounds with our mouth… It didn’t work. We tried to wait for birds to sing and capture it on the mic…… It didn’t work. And we tried to use human voices far away and amplify the pitch….. It didn’t work. In the end we went into GarageBand and made the birdsong using animal sounds in GarageBand. For all of this we used the microphone to capture clear, and consistent sounds/effects.

Listen the bird FX!

I want to highlight the Pre-production phase of our movie. Because it is certainly the most important part of any film. The better your pre-production is, the easier and more efficient your production phase is. 

The pre-production phase allowed us to plan out everything. 

The Screenplay allowed us to see the play by play of the movie. It shows what happens in the movie and what happens in each scene. The storyboard helped us understand which shots to get and which angles to use. The call sheet was arguable the most important part of the pre-production phase. The call sheet told us each of our contacts, our names and roles, the weather on the day of filming, where to park your car. (this wasn’t applicable to us) But, most importantly, the call sheet tells us where, when, and what we are filming on that day.

This is our StoryBoard!

This is our Screenplay!

These two things can be the difference between an amazing movie and a “meh” movie. 

I believe one of the main reasons my group worked so well was because of who we are. At the start of this project we did a survey our personality. I am a Campaigner ENFP-A/ ENFP-P. I  believe I was put into my group based on this survey. Because then, if that isn’t the case then there would have been no point for taking this survey other than just finding out who you are. And that’s not something we would usually do in maker class.

Here is our final Video! I hope you enjoy!