Science has been quite a successful class for me in term 1. I have worked hard to produce high quality work, and I am most proud of my Genetic Mutations project. This was our first big project in the class, and I decided to present it as a giant pamphlet. I was not yet fully comfortable with using my iPad as a way to create a project, and because of this I chose to portray to information the way I did. I did all the research on my genetic mutation (Galactosemia), then I put it into a pages document and shaped it into a first draft. I then edited it to make a second draft, and finally put the third and final copy onto the poster.

Here is a picture of my Genetic Mutations project:
IMG_1777-0.JPG

IMG_1779-0.JPG

I learned a great deal of important information during this unit, that I could potentially use in my future. If I could redo the whole project I would definitely try and do it on my iPad, so I could come to grips with the “new device”, as we did this project at the beginning of the year, and put myself outside of my comfort zone. But other than that, I don’t think I would change anything else — The final product was a great achievement for me, that I am really proud of.

Overall in science, I am a very good listener in class, not only to my teacher, but also to my classmates and their thoughts and opinions in class. But I tend to be a bit quiet in science, and I tend to not include myself in class discussions, at times. As a result of this, I can sometimes become distracted from the work we are doing, and get off topic. One of my main academic goals in this class, that could help me overcome some of my weaknesses, is to include myself in the class activities, discussions etc.
IMG_1749.PNG