Through the first half of the school year, there have been times where I have noticed that I could be doing a better job at something, or there is an area in my learning that I need to improve. Setting goals for myself is a big part of my learning; a way that I can help myself become a more successful student.

My first goal is for my humanities course: I would like to be able to confidently work harder at becoming a leader, whether it’s as a class group, in small groups, or individually taking charge of my own learning, better. This goal can affect my learning by giving me the chance to be the “comfortable-with-being-a-leader” person in a group, that I am striving to become.

IMG_1780.PNG

The second goal that I am going to be discussing is for my science course. “I would like to be able to interact, share my thoughts and ideas, and ask more questions in class”. This can affect my learning by giving me the drive to ask more direct and complex questions in the classroom; whether I’m talking to my teacher, peers, or classmates. Because, as I stated in my science post, I find that I am quite a quite person in science. I can achieve this by not being afraid to speak up for myself and give myself the opportunity to get the answers to work or assignments that might not be clear to me.

IMG_1781-0.PNG

This next goal is more of a personal development type. I would really like to improve my time management skills; to give myself time for studying, but also leave time for my extra-curricular activities. I feel like sometimes I get really stressed with everything going on with school, sports, family, and I think that if I developed better time management skills, it would make everything a lot easier to deal with. For example I could give myself an hour a day without my phone to focus on school/home work. Overall, this goal can help improve myself and my learning because I will have had time to finish homework/schoolwork .

IMG_1782.PNG