‘Tis The Season For Reflection

Hey guys, this is the final week of the SBC which means it’s time to reflect on everything we did these last seven weeks. However, before I even started to reflect on my actual posts I completed a survey that helped me reflect on the whole challenge.

The survey asked questions like: how would I rate the challenge overall, and how did I improve throughout the challenge. I said that these challenges were fairly good because I enjoyed writing most of the posts but I feel like they could have done more with some of the weeks. I also said that I improved my ability to write post that got readers engaged in what I had to say because that’s what you had to do if you wanted comments. I used these questions to help me with my initial reflection that will help me reflect on the more personal parts of the SCB.

The next thing I did to reflect on the SBC was my participation in the challenges, or more specifically, which post did I enjoy writing the most? My answer may be surprising. Although I love to write stories and would do it more often if I had the time, my favorite post to write wasn’t actually the Emoji Story. Instead I loved writing and sharing my tips in the “How To Write A Blog Post” post. I found that the words just flowed from my mind onto the screen which made the writing presses a lot less painful. I usually take forever to come up with what I wanted to write, and even longer to actually write the post since I loose my train of thought very easily. However since I was just writing the steps I do to write a good blog post which I use for every post it was significantly easier.

Finally I’d like to talk about my future plans for my blog. As you probably know, I use this blog to post reflections about different project we’ve been doing in school and how I think I did in them. I feel like I’ll continue writing those posts so you can look at all the different thing I’m doing in school. However I’d also like to maybe start writing posts about other aspects of my life, like the book club that I’m in or what I’m doing in dance for the year end show. I’ll create a poll for you guys to fill out and tell me what you would like to see if I started to write these posts about non school related subjects.

In the end, the SBC has been a great learning experience for me in many different areas. I figured out how to write a comment that told the author what I had specifically liked about their post and what they may need to improve on. I was also able to figure out how to write good replies to the comments under my blog so I can give the reader more information than before.I hope that everyone else has learned as much from this challenge as I have and wish you happy blogging.