#historyweek

Have you ever wondered how some of your favourite places got there name? Well if you haven’t I guess this post is not for you.

Last week it was history week so each of our previous podcast groups made a video about the history and namesake of places like Gastown, Mt Seymour, Lions gate bridge and many more.

Ruby, Isobel, and I decided to make our video about Stanley Park. 

Our assignment was pretty straight forward:

• Title (introduce your place)
  • Location (including map!) and images
  • Description of the area or site
  • History of namesake
  • Myth or facts? – Include any stories you came across about the area – real or made up
  • Bibliography (minimum 2 sources)

Just to make sure your not confused, here’s a example on the history of Grandville Street.

Though, for our projects we weren’t going to get an expert and our video is only 3 minuets, this gave us ideas of video techniques to add like stop motion.

Next we made a script on google docs so we could all edit throughout the project.

To make the work load easyier on us, I did the recording, and Isobel and Ruby made the visual on explain everything.

This first draft needed work. I was not happy with the audio in this, so that’s what I focused mostly on in our final draft.

I thought this project went pretty well and I definitely learned a lot about Stanley Park.  One thing I would change is the music could have been more up beat and interesting. I thought our visuals were still intersting and well done but If we had time I would have liked to film at Stanley Park.

Till next project.