“A fraction of your time” reflection

A fraction of your time

Scimatics (a merging class of math and science) teaches us; aspects of math and science.

The scimatics teacher is Mr.Gross, the first project he gave us was to tack out screen time, the drive in question for this project was “how much of your time is spend on screens ”.   

After this project was complete and presented I felt relieved it was over but i generally enjoyed this project, I liked seeing how much time I really spend on Netflix and spent being productive and on social media. I was honestly not surprised at the results. I know I watched way to much Netflix (I know that because my mom is constantly nagging me to do my homework ext.) and I’ve excepted that I’m a Netflix addict and I’m ok with that, I can live with that. But it also is kind of alarming that I spend THAT much time on my screens. Yeah I spend like 5 hours of the day  on my iPad (min.)  Because of school and in class learning, and then around 30 minutes of homework (max.) and in total I spend about 3/8 of my whole entire week on my screen! (the rest is used by; soccer practice and games, sleeping, eating,doing other stuff that has nothing to do with electronics) 

but like 32 HOURS on Netflix’s, it a 50-50 I got the math right but still that’s a lot of hours to be on Netflix, so I’m considering ready cutting down on the Netflix 😬  

I think i did well on this project, I met expectations; I made a big general graph to show my categories of the screen time I tracked (the first graph) and around 4 different pie charts to clearly show the ratios;  one tracked my screen time to  my non-screen time (the red and yellow chart  above), and the other one was to track the categories of the things I uses my iPad for and the same for my phone, and also since I watches much Netflix I tracked the amount of certain shows I watch using a small graph and a pie chart .

Insatiable: with Debby rayan about a girl with a eating disorder and then get skinny and starts doing beauty pageants

The 100: there are 7 season and exactly 100 episodes,  the story line changes every season  and starts bob Morley, Eliza Jane Morley, Alycia Debnam-Carey and Marie Avgeropoulos

Yay you made it to the last part of my blog!!  Me Talking about the “curricular competencies”

So here we go…

I think I incorporated “applying and involving” by using my class time i had one thing project wisely. I project was not met to be a bring home and work on it project, it was suppose to b emoting we worked in class. I think because we has so much  time (2 and a half hours) for one subject its a lot easier to get something done more in class then at home, also it was a really quick and i found it a fairly easy project i dint have to work that hard 

I think I incorporated “understanding and solving” into tins project by using all the required media and representation in my presentation; I showed my general skill for making charts and pie charts and. Numbers and they all add up, and it was very aesthetically pleasing

And last but not least I think I incorporated “communicating and representing” by incorporating a chart/graph that made my present ion personal and unique and I also added pie chart the easily present the ration o the time I spend watching this show no that show, screen time to non screen time and the certain things I do on my iPad and my phone 

Yay I made it to the end of the project and you made it to the end of my blog post! This project was fun. I never though I’d spend THAT much time on Netflix and i didn’t know i was that productive. And i also learned a lot about “numbers” and I’m a lot more confident on the app and making graphs and pie charts now

this still isn’t a food blog and will most likely never be, I’ll try and find some good food blog recommendations later 

Hannah