Lyle Reginald, GAINING RESPECT THROUGH SPORTS!!!

In our recent unit about the civil rights in America. We learnt about how things overcame adversity to bring about change.( An example of that, would be how the Civil rights organizations were beaten and treated like dirt, but then later overcame that to bring about the change they believed in.

We recently had to make a video about someone in the community, and how they challenged adversity to bring about change.

So, when I used to play soccer on this team. My coach always had insperational stories to tell about his childhood. And how he tried harder than anyone else to gain respect.

I thought that it would be an amazing opportunity to interview him for my video, because I looked up to him as a coach for being persistent and trying really hard at everything he does.

If you couldn’t follow the plot of this video very well, let me elaborate. Lyle Reginald was treated with a lot of disrespect for just being First Nations. He worked hard at sports so that he could gain respect from people who were mistreating him.( also because he loved having an active lifestyle.) After a long time people started to respect him for the way he played sports not for his ancestors.

Lyle was able to challenge adversity and bring about change in the world. Although not world renown he has definitely set his mark. People had such a steryotypical view of the First Nations that had been handed down over the years, but Lyle gained respect and was able to release a stereotype.

I am very happy with the outcome of this video, but with the limited time frame I had to edit this video. There is so much in my mind that I can improve in this video.