Mpols

Intro

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

Now I will be telling my PLP story📖

What I did in humanities💻

So I will be mentioning only the major project I did in humanities. The first project I did was the outsiders which was about worldview and we had to read a book called, well you guessed it, the outsiders, so the final product was a Music video with a bunch of pictures,

What I did in maker🛠️

So a major project for maker was the blogging challenge where we had to make a blog website where we share what we did in projects in all classes. And the final product for the project was this blog website where I am writing on

What I did so far in science 🔬

So what I did in science was leaning about atoms and the kinetic molecular therory, but I already knew most of the stuff that happened in class. The final product for this project is a game representing my knowledge of atoms

DI

DI was probably the biggest project I did all year. We worked for 3 months to get ready for two tournaments which are lower mainland and provincial which I just did on Saturday, I learned lots from DI and made lots of memories with my team. We won first place at the lower mainland tournament and second at the provincial tournament.

What I learned🧑‍🏫

So since I joined PLP I learned many skills on the iPad

Making keynotes and animating

Using pages

photoshopping in superimpose X

Using notability

using my Apple Pencil to draw

drawing skills

blogging skills

Note taking skill

Working well in a group

Listening  to ideas and include them

collaboration

Building skills

Things I did well with in plp💻

so what I think I did well in PLP was I was being productive in class most of the time and I was also going along with the lesson well most of the time, I was good at understanding the task at hand and the subject I was learning at the time. I also displayed my understanding of the subject really well in the science project because I already knew most of the stuff in the subject. I think I did well in applying my skills in projects that I learned in previous project or prior knowledge about my iPad.

What I think I can improve🤔

I personally think that the main thing I need to improve is procrastination, I do too much of my work last minute and stressing myself out too much. I also think I can improve my focus in my class sometimes, like for example I sometimes do stuff on my iPad that is not related to the lesson at hand. Like I might play a game or something. I also sometimes get distracted while doing homework at home and I dont get much done. Like for example I might hop on a game after writing a paragraph about the crusades or something

Goals📈

For this next segment and the last, I will talk about the goals I have accomplished and the goals I have until the end of the year. And I will be using my learning guide as a reference to my goals

So much state of leaning intent was

This year in Grade 8, I am intending to know, understand, and do certain thing throughout this year, first of all, I would like to do better in humanities, I don’t understand what I am being taught very well, and I don’t like to do stuff over again, it is hard on me, like really hard on me, so I would like to try to push my usual school assignment  grades in humanities up to proficient so I don’t have to revise stuff too much. How I would make my grade better in humanities is that I will try harder and come to tutorial more often. Maker is where I want to go above and beyond to try to get that exceeding grade and stuff. It’s going to make me have more pride in myself and I would like to try to challenge myself to do more challenging things in maker, like more complex video and photo editing, and become more tech savvy in general. so this year, I will promise myself to try to get proficient on most of my assignments and exceeding on most of them in maker. And so that is my learner’s intent 

I did most of the things I said in my learning intent. But I did not get extending in maker which kinda disappointed  me because I really wanted that grade and I think I did not try hard enough to reach that goal. In humanities I have reached proficient in all of my projects which was a big win for me because I thought I would be developing or something. Also I did not get the challenge of becoming a better video editor and I did not learn more complex video editing.

So for my goals until the end of the year are to procrastinate less and stay consistent with my grades in class by being proficient. Also whenever I need help, I will go to tutorial more often and ask more questions by talking more with my teachers about an assignment

that is the end of my MPOL presentation. Thank you for coming to discuss my learning

Bon voyage reflection

After two months of leaning about sailors finding new lands, Persevering through buggy  ARmaker, I have completed my first humanities project for the second semseter

So it was a new semester for everybody which means there is a new project in humanities. Which I was not too excited because who likes school. So anyway this project was about how the Europeans crossed the Atlantic Ocean to the americas. And the driving questions for this project is. How can we use storytelling to investigate what sparked global exploration and understand its impact?

What we did over the the 1.5 months

Ok so basically what we did was several investigations on the Europeans crossing the oceans. Like for example we learned about the Columbia’s exchange and we had to write notes about it. So basically we did a bunch of investigations before making our final product, which you will see in a bit.  In addition, we learned the many motavations of exploration  like the 3Gs Gold Glory and God. Also, we did play around with ARmaker. A app on our iPad where we can put stuff from the digital world into the real world. But the app was very buggy and if you turned off your device, all of the object you put in is all over the place

The final product

so the final product was like I said earlier was a video in AR maker. But I told a story of a sailor made history by making the first colony in the Americas. So I had to do it at night because I did not have enough time during the day, so enjoy my story!

What I leaned

So what I learned about the Columbian exchange and what the Europeans did when they crossed the oceans to conquer new lands, like the americas. I also learned about the Trade between the indigenous and the Europeans for beaver pelts. Also I learned more on how to make a good story to tell.

DI reflective blog post

After many months preparing, building, scripting, and testing, we completed our first DI tournament and the second one is coming next.

So at some point last year or so we were introduced to DI, it was explained in a maker class on a slideshow. So a few months later the teams were set and I was in the engineering group with

Eloise

Siena

Sven

Sawyer

Cole

here are there blogs

What we were doing before the tournament

so most of the time we were building the device and our backdrops and planning our props. So we did spend some time at school some days before semester 2 working on backdrops and we did some work in class. We did meet up at my house once to do work, but we did not get much done there. Also the Eloise and Siena were working on the story and the scripts and basically everything else.

The tournament 1

so the first DI tournament was not fun at all, we had to be at school at 8:30 on a Saturday which was very annoying for me and I wanted to go snowboarding with my dad but I couldn’t because i had to stay there the whole time. So we did our performance and after that. We just went around watching everone else’s preformances instead before the reward ceremony. So at the ceremony we got first place for our performance and we were just happy that we beat the private schools. Video coming end of may

DI tournament 2

this page is not finished yet

Reflection

So for my first DI tournament. We did really well because we got first place for our solution. But our teamwork was really good during the performance and a special shoutout to Eloise to doing most of the work over the past few months! Also what I probably want to improve on are the device and making our backdrops better and doing more. Also how I contributed is going to tutorial for team meetups and I did assist the girls on making the backdrops and providing my dads tools for my team.

Mind over matter reflective post

After about a month of observing, observing and building a game, I have completed my first science project

So it is a new semester which means science is one of my classes now in PLP which means goodbye to maker. So I basically completed my first science project. Mind over matter. So the driving question for the project is how can we communicate our knoledge of atoms in a fun and creative way

Leaning I did

So in terms of leaning I did some labs in terms of chemical reactions and stuff like for example the classic baking soda and vinegar. But the what I learned from that was observing skills and mixing chemicals

The final product

So the final product for this project is a scratch game based on what we learned about atoms and stuff. So scratch is this very simple coding app for kids and stuff. So scratch is very buggy and it can delete your game which didn’t happen to me. Also some of the code I wrote did not go through and that was the main problem with scratch with me. But in the end, my game did turn out good

The stuff I leaned

So I did not learn too much out of this project, like I did kinda relearned how to code because I did have prior experience in coding with scratch and stuff but I haven’t done it in a few years. Also I did learn to make good observations on the experiments I did in the labs with the chemical reactions and stuff and the mass lab.

Poetry unit reflection post

After a month of being back at school and being tiered every night, I have completed a new project.

So for this last month, I have been writing poetry for my humanities class, so I just came back from winter break and I am all sad and stuff. And when we came back, we had to do a new project, writing poetry. At first I was not happy writing poetry, but I had to do it anyway

My answer to the driving question

So the driving question for this project is how might I write poetry that I enjoy and shows who I am. So my answer for the driving question is yes and no, so first of all for yes is I did enjoy writing the haikus and they kinda showed who I am as a person. For the no answer, I did not really enjoy writing most of the poems because I had to work at night to write them and they had to be about my worldview. If I enjoyed writing poetry, I would have liked it where I can write about anything I want. So yes, I did answer the driving question

the final product

So the final product for this project is a ebook with all of my poems inside that I worked on the past month or so. So I used book creator for the book and I hope you enjoy reading it

Radical innovations or how it started reflection post

After a month of working and building props and stressing and staying 12 hours after school in pain, I have completed my first winter exhibition.

This is my first blog post in 2024 and I am not excited and at the time of writing. This is the first day back to school for me.

What I did over like a month

so what I did over the month is learning about the renasansse and the inventions made during the time period. So we were learning about inventions made during the renassance like the WordPress, the most famed out of all the Renaissance inventions and also the Teloscope . And also, the Renaissance was also a cultural movement because of Martin Luther and his 95 theses and the chatholic church had another schism.

My Renaissance art

So just like the last project I did, I had to create art using Super Impose X. But with a twist, it had to represent Renaissance times and stuff and also, I had to make a paragraph to explain the art

The grand tableaux

So the final thing we had to build for this project and kinda for the medieval project, is a group tableaux that we have to present at the winter exhibition. So we started building the props like 2 weeks before the exhibition. The girls on my team did most of the work and they worked one time 4 hours building props, we offered help, but they said ther’re fine. So at the winter exhibition, we had to stay 6 more hours after school and at the end of it, I was so tired and my legs hurt badly.

The aftermath and what I learned

so there are a few things I have learned from this experience, first of all, I need to get more fit so I can stand for 4 hours and not have my legs hurt. The second thing I learned was the Renaissance times and the inventions. The third thing I learned from this experience is probably contribute more in my group as well to build props and stuff

Drawing boot camp reflective post Isaac edition

Over the past week, I have been tirelessly drawing in maker.

What I did over the past week

So since last week, I was in a drawing bootcamp in my maker class. so the main purpose of this class is to improve my drawing skills and stuff since I was a terrable  drawer. So the first thing I did was learn about sketches pro, I learned the different drawing tools and to reflect on that, I made bubble letters with my name with different filling in it. And also, I didn’t have my Apple Pencil that day,but I pulled through

The next day after making my name, I made a robot and a bunch of 3d shapes and the things I learned about were shading 3D shapes and drawing them. This robot looks pretty cursed but I still like it. Also this is when I was still a bad drawer.

Now the next thing I made was a emoji with my refined drawing skills, the emoji is the laughing meme emoji and it still looks bad. But I tried my best to make it work. I used the watercolour tool in sketches pro to shade it and I used to colour match tool to get certain colours that I need

So the last task for this project was to make a brand logo. The logo I made was an orange and the company name was, well orange. I’d say this is the best work I created in this project so far and I am proud of it, I used the smudge tool to make it look more like an orange and I used the spray tool to make it textured.

What I learned in this project

So the main thing I learned in this project was, well, drawing better. I liked learning new drawing techniques like for example, learning about the tools in sketches pro and stuff and shading. After a week of being in this project, I think I am a better drawer.

Power play or how it started reflective post👍

After a painful few weeks, I have complete my second humanities, Power Play Or How It Started.

so over the past few weeks and a lot of homework later, I have completed a new humanities project, Power play or how it started.The driving question for this project is,”How can we learn from the past and why it matters today.” So the final product for this project is a medieval painting with us in it.

What I did over the few weeks

So what I did over the past few weeks were basically the same as my last humanities project. It’s the end of the world as we know it. So the main thing I did over the past few weeks is read a book called the book of the Lion. I’d say the book is a 4/10, Not a great book, but I was forced to read it anyway. We had to do other tasks and one of the tasks were to make a drawing about how empires lose and gain power. I know, I’m a terrable drawer.

The final product

So the final product was a medieval art piece starring me. I used Superimpose X to add all of the things and aspects of medieval worldview. So when I was first introduced to superimpose in my maker class, I already played around with the distortion feature to warp peoples faces. Also using superimpose is quite easy and it is fun to use and overall. I was happy with the results and after making my art, I had to make a paragraph explaining my art.

What I learned from this

So the main thing I learned in this project were the crusades and generally, the medieval days. So how I learned about this was the many investigation I did in this project and reading the book of the lion. I feel like I did better in this project than my last one, I got less revisions in this project than my last one, and I like that because I am less stressed out and stuff. And that is what I learned in this project. See you next time

Super good post very good👍👍👍👍👍

This is a very good blog post about an accordian feature in wordpress

This is an accordian feature that is very cool an is very useful if you write like too much like me yeah im writing way too much which is very cool you are very cool little boy

It’s the end of the world reflective post

After one gruelling, painful, and sufferable month and a half, I have completed my first humanities project,   It’s the end of the world as we know it. 

So I started my first maker project like, at the beginning of the school year and stuff and the driving question for this project was. “How can a text help me understand myself as my worldview is changing.” So the main thing we did during this project was reading a book called the outsiders.

what I did over the month and a half

So obviously the main thing I did over the month was reading the outsiders and having group discussions every week and most of the time I did other tasks relating to western worldview. And one of the things we did was make a MindNode about western worldview and the 7 aspects of western worldview. And also we made a group meme that was about the expectations of high school vs reality. And also I made song lyrics for the music video

Why did I do these tasks 

I think that the reason I did all of the tasks were to make the final product in this project, our music video that was made by my group and me. And another reason I did all of these tasks were for me to understand worldview more and myself as its changing.

The final product 

So as I mentioned earlier, I made a music video about the end of the world with my group and the main topic mentioned in the song was the start of seycove and how its not easy. So I hope you enjoy my song and pls subscribe to my YouTube channel

Where do I think I am. 

I think I reached proficient in this project because I have been handing in work, but I got a lot for revision symbols but I made corrections to them and I reached proficient. And also about the music video, me and my group did a really good job and we reached profcient with the music video we made because we put a lot of good pictures and we did well at singing.  So I think overall, I think I reached proficient in this project that I worked on for a month and a half.