The Cove Cooking Network

The contrast between a regular video we do in PLP,  with the convenience of retaking shots and planning everything out compared the live event video we did recently, is tremendous. 

On the filming day, Luca, Melika, Morgan and I all met up at Maggie’s house, we had all the ingredients needed, it was time to shoot. I set up a time lapse with my iPad and filmed all my b-roll on my phone. 

The contestants had approximately 20-25 minutes to customize their batter, cook the pancakes and decorate before the time was up. 

Putting the video together in iMovie was different compared to regular video projects as well, because of the very minimal storyline/storyboard, I had so much footage, (I tried to get as much as I could) and I had to compress it all down into a couple of minutes.

In class, we had the chance to watch all of our videos and receive constructive critique, I had three main points that I needed to revise before I handed in my final draft.

Firstly, I needed to add some b-roll during the interviews, it wasn’t very engaging so I detached the audio and added in a couple of clips on both Luca and Melika’s interviews.

Secondly, I had a spelling error during the instructions, I didn’t spell receive correctly, it was a silly mistake that was an easy fix.

Lastly, the music I added to the video was difficult to hear, so towards the end of my revisions, I raised the volume of the music, so that both the music and voices could be heard clearly.