SLC Spring – Work I’m Proud Of

The one project that I remember most when I think about what project I am most proud of is my podcast based on our trip to Chinatown. The interview that Matt Seed and I did with Jordan Eng was not the best quality as far as content. We didn’t know anything about him ahead of time, so we didn’t have a plan for the story we wanted to build out of the interview. This came to be a real problem when editing my podcast. In my first draft, the story was mostly about his real estate and insurance business. There was however a little highlight about how tourism and real estate has changed the city of Vancouver. I realized this was really the moment of gold in the interview as Jordan Eng is both a realtor and the Vice President of the Chinatown Buissness Improvement Area. These two roles that Jordan plays in his community tied together perfectly to tell the story that I finally landed on, How tourism has effected both Real Estate and Chinatown’s local businesses. The reason this is the project I’m most proud of is because I was able to overcome problems by thinking critically. During this project, through hands-on learning, I learned how to properly conduct an interview, then turn that information into a story not only worth telling but also worth listening to.img_2335.jpg