Better Research. Better Entry. Pappajohn.

What up what up blog 44, today is another blog post and if you are excited to see what’s in store then this is your first visit! Diving right in we have another soldier research journal entry this time on a Canadian Soldier from World War 2. Right away you can see Canada’s emerging identity just by seeing how many more primary sources there are for soldiers during this time compared to WWI. It shows that Canada really got on top of things as far as becoming a nation of its own. The way I searched for my soldier was just by entering Vancouver as an address, then picking a name that I liked and seeing if they had enough papers to provide a story. The soldier I’ve decided to research is a memeber of the Royal Canadian Air Force, he has over two hundred documents of primary sources and is named Anthony Pappajohn.

I picked him for the name but stayed for his story. I was actually blown away at how well you could piece together his life just by interpreting his documents. I learned that he was a small man at only 5’9″, 140lbs, had bad eyesight and kidney diseases starting from a young age, dreamed of being a Royal Mounted Policeman, and was MIA for eleven months leading up to D-Day until he was presumed killed while on an Air Force reconnaissance mission. I incorporated these things into this diary entry and as always I hope to provide some level of whatever you came to find on my blog.