Ms Willemse and Mr Hughes, this is my mom Jenn.

“Thank you for coming to my conference. I am the expert of my own learning. I am responsible and accountable for what i do at school and the academic choices I make . Today I will be leading this conference, I have prepared examples from terms 1&2 that demonstrate learning I have undertaken this school year.”

“I know that as I show you my work, you may have questions. I would appreciate it if you waited until I am done talking about all my examples before you ask questions

SHOW YOUR SLC BLOG POST.

“I have written a post for my blog that is a reflection on the work I have done this year. I will now share with you highlights of that work.”

This year in the PLP program has been quite the rollercoaster. At times things got a bit rough with lots of assignments but i persevered through it. So here with my first SLC.Today i am going to be going over one piece of work that I’m proud of, a piece of work that shows a growth in learning, and last but not least a piece of work that shows a growth mindset.

For the piece of work that i am most proud of i have chosen my expository essay. In this piece of writing i think my point was very strong. For this task i was assigned to write an expository essay.This essay compared to the others i actually put hours of work and put lots of thought into it. The process of writing this essay took lots of moving around points and information that i embedded in it trying to get the point across. Each drafts that i completed showed vital improvements to the essay.I think that the expository essay is probably by far the one that i found most interesting to write because it was on something that i really thought could benefit someone by reading and taking in what i have to say.

FullSizeRender (1)

When it comes to the work that shows my growth as a learner we are going all the way back to the writing prompts that we were assigned everyday on a new subject then we would be given time to write. i think Ms Willemse assigned us these prompts to get our brains working faster with writing and being able to generate ideas quickly to write about. I am going to be comparing my writing prompt 1 with writing prompt 4. Writing prompt 1 was very rushed for me because i was panicking about getting my story done because i had not known we were only writing for 10 minutes then handing in whatever we had written down.My final product of prompt 1 was a brick of text with no paragraph structure and is easily tellable to be rushed.

FullSizeRender (2)

As we proceeded with the writing prompts it became noticeably easier to generate ideas and my descriptive writing strongly improved. Writing prompt 4 Improved exceedingly compared to prompt 1. My prompt 4 was very descriptive and had proper paragraph structure.I think this shows my growth with my writing skills.

FullSizeRender (3)

As we started term 1 Ms Willemse and Mr Hughes introduced a new “Creative” project called Destination Imagination or DI. They showed us different categories that which you could participate in. After I narrowed down which ones i was interested in we did a survey to see who we would be with and what category we would be in. I was put into a group with people who would stay determined and would put effort into our presentation.When we were first assigned this challange I took it as a joke and procrastinated on starting. When the day finally came to present our group put our heads together and struck first place in the instant challenge and our DI Challenge.

The first two terms of this year have been jammed packed roller coasters of stress and enjoyable times. But when I look back I can pin point the work that I am most proud of and what represents my growth as a learner and as a Person. I would now like to conclude my presentation with the video of our DI presentation.

“Today I have shared with you the work I most proud of so far this school year and shown you I have made progress as a learner. I have also been honest about my strengths and challenges. I would now like to invite your questions and comments.”