With the choices we were given for our posts this week I thought I would choose the one that I feel most confident talking about which is my personal favourite types of music.

Music can be used for a large assortment of things and is pretty much in every culture around the world. Whether you listen rock, classical, jazz or any other type there is always a genre for everyone.

Personally I have a few that interest me most and include songs that I have in my playlists.

The first genre of music I enjoy is jazz, or more specifically what you would normally consider jazz ie Miles Davis, Charlie Parker etc. One of the main reasons I enjoy jazz so much is it makes for good background music as you don’t really have to pay too much attention to it to enjoy it so I listen to jazz while doing homework or reading. I’m also in my schools jazz band and one of two small jazz groups where I play bass guitar which is one of my favorite pastimes and bass is a key component in most jazz music so I can spend time working on bass lines from some of my favorite pieces.

my second favorite genre would be marches and other genres sung in wartime. I am and have always been a big history nerd when it comes to early 20th Century events and hearing military marches from World War 1 or 2 can really immerse you in the time period. A few favourites would be It’s a Long Way to Tipperary a British song sung by soldiers in WW1 and Blood Upon the Risers which was sung by American paratroopers.

I’m curious to see what other people enjoy who are also participating in the challenge so feel free to comment your genre or specific songs below