The Fall of the SBC

Hey all, it’s Jason again, and today we are saying goodbye to the Student Blogging Challenge. This is my formal reflection post about what I’ve learned, and my experience. Without further ado, let’s go.

So, going into the SBC, I was a little sceptical about the whole idea, but I had no idea of how much this would eventually help me with my blog and other things that all lead into PLP.

So, one of the main things the SBC helped me with is organization and blogging skills. Before, I really didn’t care about how my blog looked, but after I learned about the global competition of the SBC, that encouraged me to really step up my game. I changed my header, and went through many theme changes until I decided on my new theme and the overall look of my blog now.

SBC really helped me learn new blogging skills as well. HTML, Creative Commons, and much more were pretty much No-Man’s land to me until SBC, as they were skills that I knew existed, but never really made an effort to learn. Now, I know how to italicize, bold, and hyperlink. (But I’m too lazy to do it)

SBC also really helped me with some skills that may be surprising. Video skills, science, and even emoji studies were all topics for the SBC, and after writing those posts, I was shocked by how much the SBC helped my comprehension of them. I brushed up on my iMovie, learned about the first emojis, and touched up on my nuclear studies (don’t ask why).

So overall, I’m pretty thankful for all the SBC has helped me with and everything I learned from it. Surprisingly, the SBC was also where I adopted my new signature finishing move.

This is Jason Guan, signing off.